Butternut Squash and Bacon Spaghetti. This roasted spaghetti squash recipe with bacon and Parmesan cheese is a great way to top spaghetti squash for an easy, tasty, low-carb side Tips for preparing spaghetti squash: If you are baking this winter squash, you don't have to peel it. Cut the squash in half lengthwise or down the. Smoked ham, butternut squash, and mascarpone cheese combine to create a decadent yet light sauce in this delicious spaghetti dish.
I figured he would NEVER go for carbonara because there isn't chicken or steak or another kind of meat aside from crumbled bacon. Rich, savory and slightly sweet, this comforting pasta dish is loaded with roasted butternut squash and bacon, all tied together with deeply caramelized onions. Drain on paper towels; set aside. You can cook Butternut Squash and Bacon Spaghetti using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash and Bacon Spaghetti
- You need 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic granules (or 1 crushed garlic clove).
- It's 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
- You need 1/4 tsp of thyme.
- You need pinch of chilli flakes.
- You need 2 tsp of spread.
- Prepare of oil.
- It's 100 ml of vegetable stock.
- It's of puree of 1/4 butternut squash (see prev. recipe).
- You need 2 rashers of bacon.
- You need 1/2 of pepper.
- It's 1 of small onion.
- Prepare handful of spaghetti, cooked.
Squash is the star in this hearty pasta dish featuring a combination of bacon, nuts, roasted garlic, and browned butter. Butternut squash, bacon, and browned butter are made for each other. This recipe with pasta, butternut squash, and bacon is easy enough that you could likely pull it off during the week, but it feels fancy enough—thanks to the brown butter—that you could serve it for guests, too. Party trick: Pour this classic fall soup into shooters instead of bowls; win award for most adorable finger food ever.
Butternut Squash and Bacon Spaghetti step by step
- Blend puree, spread, herbs and spices. Mix with stock.
- Chop veg into strips and the bacon into squares. OPTIONAL: rub bacon with a little garlic, chilli and paprika.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Once heated, add bacon. Once cooked, add veg and cook through.
- Add squash mixture and reduce down. Continue to add spaghetti and cook until warmed through.
- Serve! Sprinkling cheese on top is optional, but also very yummy.
Named for the thin, noodle-like strands that form inside, spaghetti squash is yellow-gold on the outside and light golden inside. This Bacon-Parmesan Spaghetti Squash recipe is a deliciously easy side dish - it might even turn a reluctant spaghetti squash eater into a fan. If you aren't familiar with spaghetti squash, it's a winter squash that is oblong with a yellow, hard shell. The inside is a stringy, which is why the name. Savory Butternut Squash, Bacon and Cheese Recipe.