Spaghetti Carbonara. By Lindsay Funston and Lauren Miyashiro. When you're craving a comfort food, nothing—I repeat, NOTHING—will cure you like creamy carbonara. Spaghetti Pasta Carbonara—indulgent and delicious, yet so easy!
And even it it wasn't, who cares? Everyone loves this classic Italian dish and Gennaro has a version you'll want to make again and again. Discover how to make our best spaghetti carbonara recipe. You can cook Spaghetti Carbonara using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Carbonara
- Prepare 200 g of bacon or thick sliced pancetta, diced.
- Prepare 15 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of whole egg.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- You need 40 g of parmesan cheese, grated.
- Prepare 200 g of dry spaghetti.
- Prepare 5 ml of salt.
- It's 2 ml of freshly ground pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh basil.
- It's of Extra grated parmesan.
This cheesy pasta dish is an Italian favourite. A recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. Because America may have contributed to its creation, carbonara is Exhibit A in the back-and-forth between Italy and the United States when it. A spaghetti carbonara recipe is a failsafe classic.
Spaghetti Carbonara instructions
- Fry bacon in a medium heated pan with the olive oil until starting to crisp up. Add the garlic and fry a few more seconds..
- Combine egg and egg yolks and season with salt and pepper to taste. Beat until well combined and add the parmesan..
- Bring a medium size pot of water to the boil. Add spaghetti and cook al dente..
- Pour the oil from the fried bacon into a separate bowl..
- Add a tablespoon of the cooking liquid from the pasta to the egg mixture, whisk well..
- Strain the pasta and immediately coat with oil and fat from the bacon. Toss thoroughly..
- Return pasta to the empty pot and add the egg mixture. Toss thoroughly, the egg essentially being ‘cooked’ by the hot pasta..
- Finally add the bacon and chopped basil. Season well with salt and pepper..
- Serve in a bowl topped with extra parmesan and more fresh basil if needed..
This Italian carbonara uses the traditional guanciale and Gennaro's classic spaghetti carbonara. It's Tyler to the rescue as he helps a fan make spaghetti alla carbonara. Our best Spaghetti Carbonara is silky with egg and melted cheese, freshened with parsley, and spiked with black peppers. Spaghetti alla Carbonara is a relatively modern Roman dish made by tossing hot pasta with Guanciale, and a mixture of eggs, cheese, and black pepper. For everyone who said that this Carbonara is too salty - table salt is double as salty as Kosher salt, so remember to cut the amount of salt in half if using table salt.