Whole wheat flour Samosa with paneer filling. Samosa, the most loved Indian appetizer with a crisp crust and savory potato stuffing. Making Samosa Crust: In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, carom seeds and little salt. Heat ghee and olive oil in a small pan.
So we used paneer, potato, green peas as the base. Samosa is the signature family snack in india and around the world. This appetizer is made by frying the pockets made of all purpose flour and stuffed with veggies, most commonly potatoes and spices. You can have Whole wheat flour Samosa with paneer filling using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole wheat flour Samosa with paneer filling
- It's of For outer layer.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 tsp of carom seeds.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of hot water.
- You need of For filling.
- It's 2 of medium sized potatoes (boiled).
- It's 100 gm of paneer.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of peas (matar, boiled).
- It's 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black salt.
- It's 1 tsp of sugar.
- It's 2 tsp of lemon juice or amchur powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It's 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Oil for frying.
It is enjoyed right in the casual party to cocktails where small and cute baked versions become a food. But substitute maida/all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour. Samosa with the wheat flour patty also tastes good. But the texture and the taste varies You may stuff chicken, soya nuggets or minced meat.
Whole wheat flour Samosa with paneer filling step by step
- Strain whole wheat flour nicely, add oil, salt and carom seeds. Combine it very well. Gradually add hot water t0 form a dough. It should be not too soft nor hard. Keep aside..
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp of oil add mustard and fennel seeds saute for a minute, simmer the gas now add all dry spices powder saute for a minute. Now add boiled and mashed potatoes, mashed paneer and boiled and mashed peas. Mix well add sugar and lemon juice. Cook it on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Let it cool down completely..
- Take a medium sized ball of the dough and roll it like a oval chapati(but not thin likechapatiit shouldbethicker). Now cut it into half so we get two halves. Take one part and spread some water on straight line a give it a conical shape. Fill this cone with filling, now again spread water on upper cone and seal it like a samosa..
- Prepare all samosa and set aside. Heat oil in a pan and drop samosa on high flame then turn the heat on medium flame. Fry samosa until turns golden colour. Our healthy version of samosa is ready to serve. Serve with dahi and tamarind chutney..
You can follow the same crispy samosa recipe for filling. Try these Spinach Paneer Samosas for your next party and serve it along with a Green Mint Chutney and Date Tamarind Chutney. Prepare the dough by mixing together the flour, salt, oil and ajwain/ carom seeds to form a mixture of coarse crumbs. Add in water to the dough a little at a time to make a. cup whole wheat flour. Rub ghee into flour till it looks like breadcrumbs.