Homemade potato samosa (Aloo samosa) Vegan & Vegetarian 🍃. Vegetarian Potato Recipes This aloo samosa recipe, sometimes This easy samosa recipe is perfect for vegetarians as well as vegans. This video shows you how to A vegetarian potato recipe that is best served as potato starters with some homemade raita or mint. The most detailed and to the point Aloo samosa Recipe., Classic Aloo kay samosay, Aloo Kay Samosay Crispy Potato Samosas Recipe in Urdu Hindi Ye hai meri.
Samosas are prepared differently throughout the Indian subcontinent but the essence is the same: a fried pastry with a spicy savoury filling. This Pakistani version my mom makes is spicier, has a thicker crust, and is more tetrahedral than its Indian counterpart. Fill classic Indian samosas, with a lively spiced potato and pea filling; then serve with a tangy cilantro-mint chutney. You can have Homemade potato samosa (Aloo samosa) Vegan & Vegetarian 🍃 using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade potato samosa (Aloo samosa) Vegan & Vegetarian 🍃
- It's of 🌻For Samosa Dough:.
- You need 2 cups of Maida (plain flour).
- You need 5 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water (as required).
- Prepare of 🌻For Samosa Filling:.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander Seeds.
- It's 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Ginger Paste.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic Paste.
- It's 1 tsp of chopped Green Chillies.
- It's 2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chat masala powder.
- It's 1 Tbsp of mango powder (آم چور) / lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala Powder.
- Prepare 2 of large Potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- It's of Oil for Frying.
Making Indian samosas, triangular fried pastries filled with peas and potatoes, is nothing like crafting delicate French pastry. These samosa wraps are easy to put together with a simple homemade mango chutney. Samosas are one of my favorite-est things but making the dough from scratch is rather time consuming. My usual shortcut is to use phyllo dough to make samosa triangles which can be baked in the oven.
Homemade potato samosa (Aloo samosa) Vegan & Vegetarian 🍃 step by step
- 🌻Samosa Dough: To start making the samosa dough mix together flour and salt and oil. Rub the oil with the flour till it resembles bread crumbs. Start by adding 1/2 cup water and knead it into a firm dough. You may need a few extra teaspoons of water but add as you go. The consistency of the dough should be little hard and smooth. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside..
- 🌻Samosa Filling: Heat oil in a pan. While the oil is heating add coriander seeds & cumin seeds it to the pan. Fry the spices till aromatic but be careful not to burn them. Add ginger, garlic and green chillies and stir fry for a few second. Add the remaining spices, mashed boiled potatoes and salt. mash everything together and then mix it. give it one more good mix and then set the mixture aside to cool completely..
- 🌻Wrapping the samosas: Take a lime sized bowl of dough, roll it between your palms till smooth and dust it with flour. Roll it out into a circle which is less than 1 mm thickness and about 6 inches in diameter. Cut the rolled dough in half. Pick up one half and brush it with a little water along the straight edge of the pastry..
- Now take one edge of the straight side, and place it on the other edge of the straight side in such a way that the dough forms into a cone shape.Pinch the corner of the cone so that its sealed. Place a tablespoon and a half of the filling in the cone, making sure to fill it only 3/4th of the way..
- Brush the inside of the unfilled dough with a little water and seal it by pinching the edge together. Repeat till all the dough is used up. Place the samosas on a greased tray making sure they don’t touch each other and cover them with a damp cloth..
- Heat oil in a pan. To test if the oil is hot enough, add a tiny piece of dough to the oil and if it bubbles and floats on the surface, your oil is ready for frying. Add the samosas to the oil making sure not to overcrowd the pan, and reduce the flame to a simmer..
- Fry the samosas on a low flame till golden brown on both side. Its important to fry them on a low flame, or the pastry would be raw from the inside and golden brown on the outside. Take them out on a plate lined with paper to absorb any extra oil and serve them immediately with ketchup / chutney..
Aloo Matar Samosa: Samosa's are an example of Chaat, which is a form of Indian street food. The most popular fillings have aloo (potato) and matar (peas), though they often have keema (ground seasoned meat) instead of potato. This samosa recipe can be made with standar… Easy Samosa Recipe: Make the easy and delicious samosa recipe for diwali at home using ingredients like purpose flour, cumin seeds, boiled potato, ginger, garam masala powder, coriander powder, ghee, green chilli and more on Times Food. Making traditional samosa at home is not as difficult as we all think. If you follow the cooking instructions given below, you can make delicious samosas at home.