Spiced Onion Potato Stuffed Pastries or Samosa. In a bowl combine the mashed potatoes, the onion and spice mixture, carrots, peas, corn, lemon juice, and chopped coriander. Triangular deep-fried pastries stuffed with spiced potatoes and peas are an iconic Indian snack. These delectable savory snacks are fried flour pastries, stuffed with potatoes and vegetables, flavored with a mix of Indian spices and served hot with There are a lot of vegetable samosa recipes which use onion and sometimes garlic, but my version is purely satvik (contains no onion or garlic) and is.
Samosas are delicious, fried, savory Indian pastries. They look like triangles filled with chicken, lamb, or vegetables. Mine are vegetarian samosas filled with potatoes, onions and spices. You can cook Spiced Onion Potato Stuffed Pastries or Samosa using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spiced Onion Potato Stuffed Pastries or Samosa
- You need of For filling :.
- You need 4 of potatoes boiled.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped finely.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- It's 4 of green chillies chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of roasted peanuts.
- You need To taste of salt and sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander chopped.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of refined oil.
- It's of For samosa crust :.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of maida /flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of refined oil.
- It's 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need As needed of oil for frying.
Onion Samosa Recipe is a mini samosa recipe made using spring roll pastry or spring roll sheets and is a very popular hyderabadi mini samosa eaten Onion Samosa Recipe, How To Make Onion Samosa pastry sheets recipe: firstly in a large mixing bowl add equal proportion of. Samosa is a deep fried or baked pastry with a savory filling, such as spiced potatoes or onion. These are really crunchy and the filling makes us really tempting to have more samosas.
Spiced Onion Potato Stuffed Pastries or Samosa instructions
- Boil potatoes and mash.Chop onion.Heat oil and fry till light brown.Add chopped green chillies and fry lightly.Add ginger paste, red chilli powder,roasted cumin powder,garam masala,salt and sugar to taste.Add chopped roasted peanuts.Mix all and add the lump to the fried onion and fry till light brown..
- Add chopped coriander and toss.Set aside to cool.Add oil to all-purpose flour, pinch of salt and baking powder.Mix and add water to make a tight dough.Knead well, cover and set aside for 10 minutes..
- Make 4 balls out of the dough.Smear little oil and roll out into a circular thin round.Cut from the middle and shape into a cone.Stuff a portion of the filling in it.Smear little water on all sides of the cone and close and fold the edges..
- Refrigerate for an hour.Heat oil in a wok and deep fry in low flame till crispy golden brown.Serve hot with tomato sauce, tamarind or green chutney as an evening snacks or as an appetizer at parties..
The potatoes and peas are combined together and spiced with red chili powder, asafetida, cinnamon, pepper, cloves, cardamom, cumin and fennel seeds The spicy and tangy sweet potato filling is stuffed in flour pastries and baked to perfection. Cook over a low heat, stirring often, until the potatoes are cooked through - add a little water if they begin to stick. Onion samosa is an tasty tea time snack. I have prepared it by sauteing onion and adding carrot, cabbage along with spice Otherwise have tasted Punjabi style samosas after I started to eat out at restaurants. I have already posted a Punjabi style samosa and a triangle samosa with potato stuffing.