Leeky Fish Pie. Give the humble fish pie a flavour-boosting makeover with Tommy Banks' version, made with king prawns, salmon and haddock and topped with a comforting, cheesy mash. Rich Harris shows you how to make a classic fish pie using smoked haddock. Fish pie with prawns and cheesy leek mash topping recipe
Celery, Celeriac, Onion, Garlic, Avocado, Creme Fraiche, Chicken stock, Cod fillets. British fish pie is quick and easy to make; filled with poached fish, leeks, and mashed potatoes, it's a This British fish pie recipe is easy to make and can be economical to cook. It calls for pieces of a. You can cook Leeky Fish Pie using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leeky Fish Pie
- You need 1 kg. of Potatoes.
- It's 2 of large Smoked Cod Loins.
- Prepare 50 grams of Butter.
- It's 500 mls of Milk.
- Prepare 3 of heaped Tablespoons Flour.
- It's 2 of Fish Stock Cubes.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Peas (optional).
- You need 1 Cup of Sweetcorn(optional).
- It's 2 of large Leeks.
- You need 50 gram of tub grated Parmesan Cheese.
Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod. Find stacks of fish pie recipes for a family friendly, comforting meal. We have loads of classic top-rated fish pies from home cooks like you, as well as some delicious twists on the old favourite recipe. A Fish Pie fit for a king!
Leeky Fish Pie instructions
- Peel, dice and cook potatoes, for about 10-15 minutes, until just about cooked. Put to one side..
- Cut off dark tops from the leeks, rinse under the tap, then slice thinly into a baking tin..
- Wash fish under the tap, do not dry, but remove any bones. Wrap in a sheet of grease proof paper and microwave for just three minutes. Flake apart with a fork and add to tin.
- Add Peas and Sweetcorn, if using..
- Put the flour in a medium saucepan, put on a low heat and add the flour gradually, whisking all the time to remove any lumps..
- As the sauce heats, add crumbled stock cubes and butter and bring heat up to boil, then turn down to a simmer until the sauce thickens..
- Pour sauce over contents of tin, making sure everything is covered including edges and corners..
- Mash potatoes, with a little butter and milk, until smooth and creamy. Spread over contents of tin and mark with a fork..
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese evenly over the entire top. Heat in a medium oven, Gas 6, 220 F., for about 15-20 minutes until top is golden brown and smells very cheesy!.
Flakes of fish smothered in a creamy sauce, topped with mashed potato and a crunchy golden top. Use both smoked and unsmoked fish for best results - and it's economical! A gorgeous, crispy, cheesy potato topping finishes this creamy caper-laced fish pie and calls out for warm crusty bread for mopping up the sauce. This delicious fish pie is a great excuse to pack in the veg, so use whatever you have to hand If you prefer a more classic fish pie topping, simply boil your root veg and mash with a little butter. Saugeen Curry House & Fish 'N' Chips.