Teh Talua (Indonesian Eggnog). Great recipe for Teh Talua (Indonesian Eggnog). It is the traditional drink of West Sumatra province. Some say that it tastes a bit like cappucino, but I'd say it tastes unique.
Teh talua or teh telor is a tea beverage from West Sumatra, Indonesia. The tea is unique because of the use of egg yolk in its preparation. Chicken or duck egg can be chosen for the tea. You can cook Teh Talua (Indonesian Eggnog) using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Teh Talua (Indonesian Eggnog)
- Prepare 2 of chicken egg yolks, preferably free range chickens.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of tea bags of roasted/black tea of your choice.
- You need 500 ml of water.
- You need 1 of wedge of lemon or lime.
Other ingredients, in addition to tea and egg yolk, are sugar and calamondin. Try Our Best Recipe Collection Of Eggnog Recipes every where you are for freeCause you can read this offline. Here are some recipe in our apss;. See great recipes for Traditional Eggnog, Eggnog bread pudding too!
Teh Talua (Indonesian Eggnog) instructions
- Boil water. Add the tea sachets and let steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags. Boil again for a minute or so..
- Beat yolks with sugar until frothy. Pour hot tea into the yolks and sugar, stir well until foamy..
- Squeeze the lemon/lime into the drink. Enjoy!.
Some say that it tastes a bit like cappucino, but I'd say it tastes unique. Some drink teh talua if you want to do all-nighter because it is believed that it will increase your stamina. See recipes for Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Tea), Teh Talua (Egg Tea) too. Talua Tea / Teh talua or Egg Tea is a tea beverage from West Sumatera. The tea is unique because of the use of egg yolk in its preparation.