Minty Paneer Fritters.
You can cook Minty Paneer Fritters using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Minty Paneer Fritters
- Prepare 200 grams of paneer (cottage cheese).
- Prepare 1 cup of besan (gram flour).
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of rice flour.
- Prepare 2 pinch of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It's 1 pinch of asafoetida (hing).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ajwain (carom seeds).
- Prepare 1 cup of water or as required.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt as required.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dry mint powder.
- You need 2 cups of mustard oil/ refined oil for deep frying.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dry mint powder for the garnish.
Minty Paneer Fritters step by step
- Slice paneer (cottage cheese) into cubes or square and sprinkle salt, red chilli powder, mint powder, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes..
- In a mixing bowl,take besan, rice flour turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, 1 pinch asafoetida (hing) carom seeds (ajwain), coriander powder and salt, mix well..
- Add water little at a time as required water and whisk well to make a thick flowing smooth batter without any lumps..
- Dip the paneer cubes into the batter one by one, Coat them well..
- Heat mustard oil for deep frying in a kadai or pan. When oil becomes hot, slide batter coated paneer cubes in the oil, on a medium flame.
- When one side is light golden, gently flip the pakoras and continue to fry the second side. Flip a couple of times for even frying of the pakoras. When they become crisp and golden then remove them with a slotted spoon, and drain them on paper towels to remove excess oil..
- Serve paneer fritters sprinkled with some more dried mint powder along with tomato sauce or mint coriander chutney..