Brad's crock pot goulash. This crock pot beef goulash is a Hungarian-style beef goulash with paprika, some tomato paste, and sour cream. There are many variations on a classic Hungarian goulash, but most are made with the addition of paprika. Tomatoes or tomato paste are relatively modern additions.
Combine broth, wine, tomato paste, paprika and garlic; pour over beef. When stew is ready cook noodles and transfer to platter. Of course, crockpot goulash has the added benefit of using the ever-handy slow cooker to decrease prep time and increase flavor! You can cook Brad's crock pot goulash using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's crock pot goulash
- You need 2 lbs of round steaks, cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
- It's 3 lbs of soup bones. mine were fairly meaty.
- You need 1 of med onion, chopped.
- It's 2 of Roma tomatoes, diced.
- You need 2 (15 oz) of cans tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of each; Himalayan pink salt, McCormicks Montreal steak seaso.
- It's 2 tbs of Hungarian paprika.
- It's 2 tbs of red wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 tbs of stone ground mustard.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 pkg of pasta. either macaroni, rotini, or penne.
This is one of my favorite crock pot pasta dishes. It's hearty, super simple to make, and makes plenty to feed your hungry crew. This recipe for Crock-Pot American Beef Goulash is a frugal, easy, delicious, meal that will bring back memories of your comfort food growing up! This post may contain affiliate links.
Brad's crock pot goulash instructions
- Place soup bones in a large pot. Just cover with water. Cover. Bring to a boil on med high heat. Reduce to low and simmer a couple hours until meat is tender and falls off the bone..
- Place rest of ingredients, except sour cream and pasta, in a crock pot. Stir and turn on high. Cook for 4 hrs. Stir then turn to low and cook for 2 -3 more hours..
- Take all the meat from the soup bones and add to the crock pot. Discard the bones. Let the broth cool. Scrape the fat off the top. Reserve broth for future use.
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dentè. Drain but don't rinse. Stir pasta and sour cream into goulash and serve immediately..
- Garnish with hot sauce, or shredded cheese. Or a dollop of sour cream..
I earn commissions from affiliate links. This Goulash Crock Pot recipe is one slow cooker beef recipe that my family raves over! And, what's nice is that since I make my goulash recipe with the sauce separate from the noodles, it's super versatile, too. American Goulash Crock Pot Recipes are so easy to prepare. Try this easy Crockpot Goulash Recipe for a meal full of hearty ground beef, pasta and more.