Salmon Mac N Cheese.
You can have Salmon Mac N Cheese using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon Mac N Cheese
- You need 1 lb of elbow macaroni.
- You need 1 can of 15oz pink salmon, drained and flaked into small pieces.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dry onion powder.
- You need of Cheese Sauce.
- It's 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- It's 3 clove of finely minced garlic.
- It's 2 tsp of finely chopped parsley ( I use the frozen cubes sold in stores).
- Prepare 3 cup of cold milk (I used almond milk).
- You need 1/3 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Shredded Cheddar.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need of Topping.
- You need 1/2 cup of seasoned panko.
- You need 1/4 cup of Melted butter..or more.
Salmon Mac N Cheese step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl combine salmon and dry onion powder and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan with salted water untill al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a medium saucepan along with the garlic and parsley. When butter starts to foam add the flour and mix for about a minute.
- add the milk and constantly stir untill thickens, about 5 minutes at medium/high heat. You don't want it to boil..
- When the sauce starts to thicken turn off heat and add the cheeses. Mixing untill smooth..
- Taste to adjust seasoning..
- Place drained pasta in a large casserole dish. Add seasoned salmon, mix well. Then add the cheese sauce and mix together..
- Combine melted butter with the seasoned panko. Sprinkle some extra cheese on top and then the panko mix, covering evenly..
- Place in the middle of a 425°F oven untill golden brown and bubbling..