Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie. This easy recipe combines sausage, mashed potatoes, veggies and gravy to make a delicious dinner. Expect the best shepherd's pie, casserole with ground beef, chopped carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Expect the best shepherd's pie in Singapore.
The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. The whole dish is pretty much the definition of comfort food. Sausage Shepherds Pie by Tasty Demais. You can cook Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 4 of mild sausage links, casing removed.
- It's 2 of celery, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of granny Smith apple, skinned and diced.
- You need 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need 1.5 cups of diced butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- It's to taste of Dried basil,.
- You need to taste of Dried thyme,.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
The Sausage Shepherd's Pie recipe out of our category Root Vegetable! This flavorful variation on traditional shepherd's pie uses mashed butternut squash in place of potatoes. All Reviews for Squash and Sausage Shepherd's Pie. All Reviews for Squash and Sausage Shepherd's Pie.
Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie step by step
- In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic..
- Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min..
- Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges..
- **note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn't CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite..
Progresso™ beef-flavored broth provides a simple addition to this classic and hearty casserole - Shepherd's pie baked using beef, sausage and mixed vegetables. Perfect for your family dinner menu! Merguez are spicy sausages from North Africa. They give this cheesy, comforting pie extra texture and a great depth of flavour. Stir the sausages into the stew, then spoon it into a shallow ovenproof dish.