Sous vide duck breast, blackberry sauce, roasted vegetables. Sous Vide Cooking: sous vide recipes, sous vide information, sous-vide cooking at home. Remove breasts from the pan and allow to rest. Reserve warm, while you make the sauce.
Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. I made a small portion of an asian 'spicy orange sauce' from another recipe here on this website (orange chicken) and drizzled it over the sliced duck Prepared the duck exactly as described and served with roasted potatoes with thyme & rosemary and sautéed spinach & mushrooms. This sous vide duck breast recipe results in a tender, moist duck breast that is always cooked perfectly. You can have Sous vide duck breast, blackberry sauce, roasted vegetables using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sous vide duck breast, blackberry sauce, roasted vegetables
- You need 2 of duck breasts.
- You need 1 pinch of ground cloves.
- It's of cumin.
- Prepare of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need 100 ml of lychee wine (or other sweet wine).
- You need 3 tbsp of honey.
- It's 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1-2 pinches of garlic salt.
- You need 0.5 tsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 200 g of blackberries.
- Prepare 1 of carrot (optional).
- You need 1 of leek (optional).
- Prepare 1 of broccoli head (optional).
- You need 1 of red onion (optional).
- Prepare of turmeric, cinnamon, olive oil (optional).
It's served with a blackberry-port pudding and grilled Roasted Poblano, Corn and Bacon Bite Recipe. Salmon Bites with Tomatillo Agar Fluid Gel Sauce Recipe. I cooked these duck breast sous vide and after I seared it with Hestan Cue! Kind of Cooking - Sous Vide, Recipes, and More.
Sous vide duck breast, blackberry sauce, roasted vegetables instructions
- Rub cloves, pink salt, cumin, Cayenne pepper and ground black pepper on the duck breasts. Let them rest in the fridge for a couple of hours, then vacuum-seal them in a food-grade plastic bag and cook for 2 hours in a pre-heated sous vide bath at 58°C. Cooking time and temperature depend on how thick your duck breasts are - I use this website as a reference guide: (http://www.codlo.com/blogs/codlo/17607193-the-ultimate-guide-to-sous-vide-time-temperature).
- For the blackberry sauce, place honey, liqueur, brown sugar, grated ginger, garlic salt and black pepper in a saucepan and bring to boil. Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes, then add the blackberries and stir well. Coarsely mash the blackberries with a fork. Let the sauce cook for another 15 minutes or until it becomes thick and syrupy..
- After the duck breasts are cooked, sear them (from the skin side) on a pan for 3-5 minutes or until the skin becomes golden-brown and crispy. There is no need to add fat because the duck will release enough fat for the breasts not to stick to the pan..
- I have served my duck with oven-roasted leek and broccoli, caramelised onion and carrot purée..
- For the caramelised onion, cut a red onion in wedges, season with olive oil, cinnamon, brown sugar, cumin, salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 200°C for 10 minutes. You can add leek and broccoli, lightly seasoned with olive oil, salt and black pepper..
- For the carrot purée, peel and dice a large carrot. Cook it for 30 minutes (or until tender) in a pot of boiling water, then drain and purée with a hand blender. For an optimal texture, filter the puréed carrot through a sieve, then add half a teaspoon of turmeric, half a tablespoon of brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Plate as preferred and serve immediately!.
These Sous Vide Duck Breasts have crispy skin on the outside and deeply rich and tender meat on the inside. Sous vide method will have you cooking like a pro, making the Serve the breast with potatoes or green vegetables, thinly slice the meat and drizzle with red wine sauce or berry sauce. Traditionally, the duck is roasted and served with an orange sauce, but for our modern twist — Sous Vide Duck Breast a l'Orange — we prepared duck breast Since we packed the duck breast in with orange zest and juice, as well as garlic, shallot, thyme and pepper, the sous vide perfectly developed. Vegetable Dishes Vegetable Recipes Sous Vide Vegetables Dinner Vegetables Healthy Vegetables Roasted Vegetables Fresh Vegetables Veggies How to Cook Sous Vide Salmon You think chicken breasts are delicate?