Smoked fish carbonara. This twist on a traditional pasta carbonara, using smoked haddock, makes a delicious speedy Add the flaked fish and stir gently. Serve in pasta bowls with a scattering of lemon zest and a drizzle of. Smoked salmon carbonara is the easiest pasta dish you will ever make - and possibly the most impressive!
This Smoked Salmon Spaghetti Carbonara is a great, slimming-friendly twist on an old favourite We've used smoked salmon in this recipe, but you could really use any smoked fish that you like. Smoked Salmon Carbonara is a very easy-to-make recipe. This salmon pasta recipe is for lovers of fish and Mediterranean flavors. You can have Smoked fish carbonara using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked fish carbonara
- Prepare 300 g of spaghetti (or pasta of your choice).
- Prepare 500 g of smoked fish (I used smoked cod loin).
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare of Milk.
- It's of Large handful of chopped parsley.
- It's 100 g of grated cheese (preferably Parmesan, or strong cheddar).
- Prepare of Cream.
I think you all know that Spaghetti alla Carbonara is an Italian pasta. I wanted to prepare a little healthier Carbonara recipe that uses smoked salmon instead of bacon, also added. Smoked fish is fish that has been cured by smoking. Foods have been smoked by humans throughout history.
Smoked fish carbonara instructions
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water..
- While pasta is cooking, put the fish in a large pan, and just cover it with milk. Heat, then cover the pan and poach the fish until just cooked..
- Drain the fish, reserving the milk, and flake the fish..
- Beat the eggs with 4-5 tbsps of the reserved milk and mix in the cheese and parsley.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti or pasta and return to the pan. Over very gentle heat, stir in the egg mixture, then add the fish. Add cream to taste. (2-3 tablespoons, or more if you’re feeling reckless!).
- Serve on warmed plates..
Originally this was done as a preservative. In more recent times fish is readily preserved by refrigeration and freezing and the smoking of fish is generally done for the unique taste. If you've got leftover smoked salmon trimmings, use them up in this creamy, indulgent pasta dish. Smoked salmon carbonara is a delicious and simple main course recipe which never fails to impress. Preparing fish by smoking them over flame is one of the ancient ways our forbearers enjoyed fish delicacies.