Tanabata The Milky Way Salad Chirashi Zushi. According to legend, the Milky Way separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar. Tanabata (七夕, meaning "Evening of the seventh"), also known as the Star Festival, is a Japanese festival originating from the Chinese Qixi Festival. The easiest Origami (paper craft) instruction.
It is initially steamed, then grilled over charcoal with a rich sweet soy flavoured sauce. This Japanese recipe for chirashizushi, also known as scattered sushi, is a special-occasion dish served on plates or in bowls with colorful toppings. For chirashi zushi, impeccable ingredients are a must. You can have Tanabata The Milky Way Salad Chirashi Zushi using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tanabata The Milky Way Salad Chirashi Zushi
- Prepare 1400 grams of Cooked rice.
- It's 1 of Kombu.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It's 20 of Peeled prawns.
- It's 1/2 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of Canned tuna.
- It's 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1/4 of Iceberg lettuce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Canned corn.
- You need 7 of Shiso leaves.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- It's 4 tsp of ☆ Sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of ☆ Dashi soy sauce.
- It's 1/3 bag of Denbu - pink sweet semidried fish flakes.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Sushinoko - sushi rice seasoning powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
When selecting your fish and seafood make sure you get sashimi-grade so you know it's as The best accompaniments are soy sauce and wasabi to dip the seafood into. Most importantly, there's no right or wrong way to eat chirashi zushi, so. You can read a more detailed version of the story on Wikipedia I have blogged about ways to celebrate Tanabata with your children HERE and HERE! Tanabata is originally based on a Chinese legend.
Tanabata The Milky Way Salad Chirashi Zushi step by step
- Thinly slice the carrot and microwave until soft. Cut into star shapes with a cookie cutter if you have one. I cut the carrot and cucumber into star shapes with a knife..
- Heat the rest of the carrot in a microwave until soft, chop finely, and mix with the ☆ ingredients. Rub with 1/2 teaspoon of salt (not included in the ingredients list) ..
- Cook the rice with konbu and sake slightly harder than usual. After the rice is cooked, add the sushinoko seasoning and fan the rice to cool..
- Cook the peeled prawns in 200ml of boiled water with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of sake (not included in the ingredients list)..
- Mix the rice with chopped carrot, cucumber, corn, and iceberg lettuce. Squeeze out the excess water from the vegetables before mixing..
- Drain the peeled prawns well. Drain the oil from the canned tuna in a colander. Add to the rice and mix well. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix..
- Mix the beaten eggs with the ☆ seasoning and make thin omelets. Thinly slice the omelets. This will make the Milky Way in the sushi..
- Put the omelet Milky Way in the centre and sprinkle the denbu around..
- Place the julienned shiso leaves between the egg omelets and denbu. Arrange the star-shaped carrots and cucumbers..
It celebrates the meeting of two stars which are usually separated by the Milky Way and, according to legend, only allowed to meet once a year: on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month. July brings Tanabata, one of Japan's most well-known festivals. Many people recognize the pieces of paper with wishes hanging from a Princess Orihime is the main character of the story of Tanabata. She was a weaver who made beautiful pieces of cloth by the heavenly. Chirashi, also called chirashizushi (ちらし寿司) is one of my favorite Japanese meals.