You can have Kalderetang Baka using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kalderetang Baka
- It's 1/2 kg of stew beef cut in cubes.
- You need 3 tbsp of bacon lard or vegetable oil.
- It's 1 can (400 g) of crushed tomatoes.
- It's 1 can (170 g) of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of onion, coarsely chopped.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of potatoes, cubed.
- It's 2 of carrots, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 2 of small bell peppers, diced.
- Prepare 1 can (85 g) of liver spread.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It's to taste of salt and pepper.
- It's 2 of hot chillies (siling labuyo), optional.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated cheese, optional.
- You need 1 cup of lemon–lime soda (e.g. Sprite or 7-Up), optional.
- It's 1 cup of red wine, optional.
Kalderetang Baka instructions
- In a stew pot, sauté onions in oil or lard over medium heat until transparent. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about two minutes. Add beef and continue to sauté until browned..
- Add canned tomato, tomato paste, soda, wine, bay leaf, paprika, bell peppers, chillies, liver spread, carrots, and potatoes. Add water as needed to cover all the stew ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low heat for 1½ to 2 hours or until the meat is tender and the potatoes are cooked through..
- Stir in the cheese, bring to a boil, and then simmer for five minutes or until the cheese is melted and the stew thickens some more. Serve with steamed rice..