Celery And Celeriac Fish Pie. I may have mentioned before(!!) that I'm not a huge fan of fish, but this dish is so delicious you really don't need to be. I use mild fish varieties but you can easily make it more fishy if you like. The celeriac topping is such a great alternative to potato mash.
Jamie Oliver says 'Sophie has a great style of cooking and recipes that you really want to eat'. A brilliant salmon and cod fish pie recipe with a flavoursome mash topping made with celeriac, or celery root. smoked salmon and celeriac pie. Celery is a ubiquitous ingredient in American cookery, near and dear to many home cooks, but celeriac (also known as celery root) is only While their appearances are wildly different, celery and celery root are very closely related botanically. You can have Celery And Celeriac Fish Pie using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Celery And Celeriac Fish Pie
- You need 1 head of Celery.
- You need 1 1/2 of Celeriac.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 4 clove of Garlic.
- It's 1 of Avocado.
- It's 125 grams of Creme Fraiche.
- It's 1 pints of Chicken stock.
- You need 2 of Cod fillets.
- You need 2 of Smoked haddock fillets.
- It's 60 grams of Green beans - chopped.
- You need 20 grams of Parsley.
- It's to taste of Black pepper.
- It's 1 of Lemon.
Does this mean they can be used interchangeably in cooking? Anna Jones' amazing garlicky pie is a perfect winter centrepiece for Sunday lunch, and is even special enough for Christmas. Pour the filling into the pastry case. Coarsely grate the reserved celeriac and pile it on top.
Celery And Celeriac Fish Pie instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and celery.
- Cook onion and celery in a shallow pan, over a moderate heat, until softened. Add garlic and continue to cook on gentle heat.
- Chop avocado and add to the pan.
- Add stock and creme fraiche. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finely slice approximately 2/3 of the celeriac and put to the side. Finely chop the remainder and add to the pan. Continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the zest and half the juice from lemon..
- Remove from the heat. Using a liquidiser or hand blender, blend until smooth and put to one side. (At this stage, it makes a great soup!).
- Chop the fillets into smallish cubes (roughly 3-4cm).
- Pour 1/2 the 'soup' into an oven proof dish. Add the green beans and fish then pour over the remaining sauce..
- Arrange sliced celeriac over the top and pour the remaining juice from the lemon over the celeriac..
- Great the cheese over the top and Add a few twists of black pepper. Place on middle shelf of oven. Cook for approximately 40 minutes..
- Garnish with celery leaf and a few sprigs of parsley.
Finish with the reserved rosemary, thyme, sage and a drizzle of olive oil. Smoked fish and celeriac remoulade on sourdough. Mixing smoked fish with sour cream and Baking the celeriac in a salt crust concentrates the flavour and with generous shavings of truffle This salad has the earthy, warm autumnal flavours of celeriac and celery brightened with fresh, crisp apple. Celery root (a.k.a. celeriac) is a knobby, bulbous root vegetable that will not win any awards for beauty. Perhaps that's why, year after year, celery root languishes on supermarket shelves, another worthy but under-appreciated vegetable.