Shepherd's pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to make into leftover dishes for several days. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
Premium ground beef, fresh local greens and hand-whipped mashed potatoes. Savour a spoonful of goodness everytime. Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! You can cook Shepherd's pie using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- You need 1 of ground beef or lamb.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of frozen or fresh carrot cubed.
- Prepare 3 of large potatoes.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- It's 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It's 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 of oil to cook meat.
- It's 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.
Shepherd's pie step by step
- If a pan, add the oil, onion and chopped garlic.
- Let it cook for couple of minutes then add the beef or lamb.
- Keep stirring.. you can little bit of cinnamon powder to remove the smell of lamb or beef **optional**.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the flour and keep stirring till the flour is golden.
- Add all the spices and the ketchup.. keep stirring.
- Add the water then the veggies.
- Cover over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat to the pan that will go to the oven.
- Boil the potatoes in boiling water then peel them and mash them.
- In a cooking pan add bit of oil and the mashed potatoes.. keep stirring then add the milk and cheese.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the meat.. make some groves using a fork to the top of the potatoes.
- Cook in the oven for 20 min 350°F.
British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. This shepherd's pie recipe is perfect for using up leftovers; Jamie's lamb shepherd's pie has a twist Shepherd's pie. With crispy bottom, sides & top. "With crispy potato all the way round and gorgeous.