Chopped Liver & Egg and Onion.
You can cook Chopped Liver & Egg and Onion using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chopped Liver & Egg and Onion
- Prepare of For the chopped liver:.
- It's 750 g of calf’s, chicken or beef liver, or any combination you wish.
- It's 1 1/2 of medium onions, peeled and sliced.
- It's 2 of hard-boiled eggs, shelled.
- It's 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (or schmaltz).
- You need to taste of Salt and ground white pepper.
- You need of Vegetable oil for frying.
- You need of For the egg and onion:.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 6 of hard-boiled eggs, shelled.
- You need 3 of spring onions, white and green parts finely sliced.
- It's 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
Chopped Liver & Egg and Onion step by step
- Start with the egg and onion so you only need to wash the mincer once. (A little extra egg in your chopped liver is not a problem.) Mince the six hard-boiled eggs into a bowl..
- Add the chopped onion and sliced spring onions and mix together..
- Stir in the vegetable oil and the mayonnaise, season with salt and white pepper and serve..
- To make the chopped liver, trim the liver and cut it into 5cm square pieces..
- Fry the liver in vegetable oil until it is cooked through. Not pink, but not rock hard. Remove from the pan and set aside while you fry the onions..
- Fry the sliced onions in vegetable oil over a high heat until they are well browned..
- Remove from the pan and set aside..
- Pass the liver, hard boiled eggs and onions through the mincer and mix them together..
- Pass the mixture through the mincer for a second time, then stir in two tablespoons of vegetable oil or schmaltz..
- Check the seasoning; it needs to be slightly salty when warm or it will be a bit bland when cold. Add a little more vegetable oil or schmaltz if necessary to achieve a good spreading consistency..
- The egg and onion and the chopped liver can be served separately or together, accompanied by plenty of matzo crackers and new green pickled cucumbers. Find a recipe for these at www.justnotkosher.com.