Elena's Ragu sauce - Tuscan style.
You can cook Elena's Ragu sauce - Tuscan style using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Elena's Ragu sauce - Tuscan style
- It's 400 g of beef ground.
- Prepare 400 g of pork ground.
- Prepare 200 g of chicken liver.
- It's 2 of Italian sausages.
- You need 3 of onions.
- You need 3 of carrots.
- You need 3 stalks of celery.
- It's 8 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 of tinns of peeled tomatoes.
- Prepare 350 ml of red wine.
- It's 4 of table spoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's of Salt.
- It's Half of chilli.
Elena's Ragu sauce - Tuscan style step by step
- Key is to chop vegetables in the same size, and tiny.
- Pour extra virgin olive oil plenty of them to almost 'fry' the vegetables. DON'T add salt now, as it takes out water from vegetables..
- Use bigger pan and high heat to almost burn the vegetables to add flavour. That's the surprising point, burn.... Once burn, add salt, a bit stronger..
- Take the skin of sausages out. Only spices used are from the sausages. Not liver here, yet..
- Add the meats into the pan with the vegetables.
- Chop chicken liver into almost paste.
- When the meats and vegetables get dark brown, add chicken liver. Tasting if enough salt!?!?.
- Once mixed well, and colour changed, pour the red wine. Use good wines, with a bit of acidity.
- Then, add tinned peeled tomatoes. Then, add a half piece of chilli..
- Use lower heat for an hour minimum. You might taste better the day after, even..
- When eating with pasta, use thicker pastas..