Applesauce Banana Bread. Applesauce is the ingredient that can save the day when you want to make banana bread and there's not enough butter in the house. It adds moisture and tenderness, two of butter's most important jobs in this recipe. And while it doesn't have the same richness as butter, butter is not the only ingredient flavoring the bread.
This banana bread with applesauce is a dense bread but SO moist! It baked evenly and didn't leave the top or middle soggy like so many other recipes I've tried. So here are the easy steps! You can have Applesauce Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Applesauce Banana Bread
- It's 3 medium of bananas.
- You need 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of Applesauce, unsweetened.
- It's 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of wheat flour.
Banana Bread with Applesauce is a healthy, low-fat breakfast treat, and whether you're putting it to use as a make-ahead breakfast, as a snack time fix or feeding a tea time crowd, this is a recipe you can feel great about diving into any day of the week! Add a little something extra to a familiar favorite with our Banana Bread with Applesauce recipe that's sure to be extra moist for your enjoyment. Toast the chopped walnuts or pecans for even more flavor. Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with electric mixer.
Applesauce Banana Bread instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F..
- Mash up bananas and place in large bowl. Stir in brown sugar and let sit about 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, grease the bottom and half-way up the sides of loaf pan. Set aside..
- Add applesauce, eggs and vanilla to banana mixture and beat well..
- In medium bowl, mix the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt..
- Gradually mix in flour mixture with banana mixture. Pour into greased pan..
- *Optional crumb topping- in a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cut in 1 tablespoon of butter and mix until it resembles cornmeal. Sprinkle on top of the batter before you place the pan in the oven to bake..
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven, let stand 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack..
Add applesauce and eggs and beat well. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Place bananas in large bowl and mash with electric mixer. Add the applesauce and eggs and beat well. Very moist banana bread containing applesauce and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.