Good Friday Fish Pie. Lulu Grimes shares a delicious, easy recipe to pop in the freezer for those busy nights, from BBC Good Food magazine. Bring the milk just to a simmer in a large frying pan - when you see a few small bubbles, add the fish, onion and. Fresh Court Whiting in frozen last year out for this year's Good Friday homemade fish pie with peas hope everyone is staying safe in this isolation stay strong.
Lulu Grimes shares a delicious, easy recipe to pop in the freezer for those busy nights. A Fish Pie fit for a king! Flakes of fish smothered in a creamy white sauce, topped with mashed potato then baked until golden brown, a wonderful centrepiece Traditionally, meat isn't consumed on Good Friday and while a side of salmon recipe is usually first to mind, I thought I'd share something a little. You can cook Good Friday Fish Pie using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Good Friday Fish Pie
- You need 450 grams of cod or haddock fillets.
- Prepare 100 grams of prawns.
- Prepare 600 ml of milk.
- You need 40 grams of butter.
- You need 40 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 3 tsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- You need 900 grams of potatoes.
- You need 100 ml of cream or milk.
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 100 grams of grated red cheese.
Fish Pie served with yellow and green courgettes in garlic butter. This is a non-Sponsored Post: I received this fish as part of a special programme to promote sustainable British seafood Aw sorry to hear that Annie - I hope you are feeling much better and that maybe this could be on the menu? This fish pie filling is seasoned to perfection and tastes so good with or without a pie crust. Little shout out to my…» Good Friday is just around the corner, which means we have the perfect excuse to start planning what delicious The tradition of forgoing meat and sticking to fish on Good Friday goes back centuries.
Good Friday Fish Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to gas 5.
- Put fish in oven proof dish with milk.
- Add salt and pepper, bake for 15 minutes..
- Strain milk from fish and reserve..
- Flake the fish and put back in bowl, add prawns..
- Melt butter in saucepan and add flour, mix well..
- Remove from heat and slowly add reserved milk, parsley, salt and pepper..
- Bring sauce back to the boil while stirring until sauce thickens..
- Pour over the fish..
- Boil potatoes in salted water..
- Mash potatoes with milk or cream, butter and pepper..
- Cover fish with the mash and smooth over with fork..
- Sprinkle over grated cheese, bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Serve with fresh garden peas and crusty bread..
Is there anything more comforting on a cold day than a hearty fish pie? And this recipe is proof that a. A simple fish pie recipe that's quick and easy to prepare. Portion into ramekins and freeze for quick toddler meals or cook in a big dish for the perfect · An easy fish pie recipe made with cod, prawns and spinach with a creamy mashed potato topping. Ideal for a Friday night, or let's face, it, any night.