Carbonara with White Miso. This Miso Carbonara recipe is one of my favorite ways to use it. Miso is salty-savory condiment made of fermented soybeans and grains. If you are new to the world of Japanese miso, then you should start by purchasing white miso.
Cook spaghetti in a pot of You'll find this Spaghetti alla Carbonara enriched subtlely by the umami taste of miso. It doesn't overwhelm in this Japanese twist of this classic Italian. I tried a miso carbonara pasta dish at a restaurant near my house and decided I wanted to recreate it with udon at home! You can cook Carbonara with White Miso using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carbonara with White Miso
- Prepare 80 of to 100 grams Pasta.
- It's 1 of lots × 1％ Hot water and salt.
- It's 5 cm of Bacon.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It's 1 clove of Garlic.
- It's 50 ml of ◆Fresh cream.
- You need 50 ml of ◆Milk.
- You need 1 of ◆Egg yolk.
- It's 1 tbsp of ◆White miso.
- It's 1 tbsp of ◆Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kombu tea.
- It's 1 of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Coarsely ground black pepper.
Unlike traditional carbonara dishes, I used bacon and mostly parmesan cheese. I chose to use more parmesan than pecorino romano for this dish because parmesan is less salty, and. I love carbonara and miso, this is a modified version of the Miso Carbonara with Broccoli Rabe from Epicurious. I want to see the nutritional information for this recipe.
Carbonara with White Miso instructions
- Start cooking the pasta with lots of hot water (1% salt)..
- Slice the bacon into 1 cm width pieces. Mix all ◆ ingredients in a bowl..
- Heat olive oil in a pan, and sauté the garlic over low heat. When fragrant, add the bacon and sauté..
- Combine the freshly cooked pasta with the mixed ◆ ingredients, then add everything into the pan. Mix together briefly, then turn the heat off. Briefly add and mix in the kombu tea to season..
- Dish it up, and serve with parmesan cheese and black pepper..
- You could also use tubed grated garlic and sliced bacon..
In heat proof bowl mix eggs, white miso and a pinch of salt and pepper until blended. I like adding miso paste, it is good with udon noodle and cream. Carbonara vegetariana (Vegetarian Carbonara)Memorie di Angelina. Drain the pasta well, and combine with the bacon in the pan, tossing vigorously until coated. Add the pasta to the egg and miso mixture immediately, tossing well so that the heat of the spaghetti cooks the egg into a creamy, cheesy, coating.