Grandma Hawkins' Banana Bread. If you make extra, you can slice the cooled banana bread and pack in individual sandwich bags, then put all in a large freezer bag and you'll have snack-ready portions for whenever you want them. Add egg, oil, milk, sugar, and salt to the mashed bananas. In a small bowl, sift or whisk together baking soda, baking powder and flour.
Loaded with two cups of mashed banana this bread is the best use for those ripe bananas on the counter! Nothing is more comforting than a loaf of warm, fresh, homemade banana bread. And there is NO better way to use up bananas that have maybe. You can have Grandma Hawkins' Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma Hawkins' Banana Bread
- You need 3 tbsp of butter or margarin.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs, slightly beaten.
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 4 medium of very ripe banana's.. u can use 5 bananas if u like.. I do.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract or for extra banana flavor instead use banana extract..
- You need 3 tbsp of sour milk or buttermilk.
The recipe hasn't changed- it's still perfect! I will say that I've […] This bread is AWESOME!! Add your banana to the bowl and be sure to blend it well. Small chunks are no issue just be sure it is well mashed.
Grandma Hawkins' Banana Bread step by step
- preheat oven to 350°.
- mix all ingredients in a large bowl..
- grease and flour a large loaf pan..
- pour mix into said loaf pan about 3/4 full..
- let stand about 15 min. to let air bubbles rise up..
- bake for about 1hour or until toothpick comes out clean..
- serve.. u can serve warm with butter if u like..
- TIP: I like to cut mine in cubes and put into a server tray for easy on the go bite size pieces or for a party...
- tip: sometimes I add a 1/2tsp of cinnamon to the batch for a little something extra...
- tip: in this recipe u can add nuts, dried cherries, craisins, raisins or chocolate chips.. about 1 cup should do ya.. just mix in batter by hand just before pouring into bread pans..
- HINT: to bake in regular sized cupcake tins.. line with paper or spray with baking spray... fill 2/3 of the way and bake for about 20-25 min or until set and toothpick comes out clean..
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Tip: Want to make chocolate chip banana bread or pecan banana bread instead? Grandma's Banana Bread is a great way to use up over ripe bananas. The recipe is very straightforward and we've had some lovely stories and feedback from you saying you've baked Grandma's Banana Bread with your son/daughter and they've enjoyed mixing the ingredients and of course, enjoyed eating their creation too. Divide the mixture into the two loaf pans.