Easy Shepherds Pie. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
You could make the beef or lamb mixture. This Shepherd's pie is a complete meal in a single skillet, and just the kind of dinner you want to tuck into as the weather cools. Plus, it's so easy you can make it on a weeknight. You can cook Easy Shepherds Pie using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 2 lb of lean hamburger.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It's 1/2 cup of low fat milk.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It's 2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning or a similar steak and chop seasoning.
- It's 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 packages of frozen cubed hashbrown potatoes.
- It's 1 packages of frozen mixed veggies(small bag).
- It's 1 box of Butter and Herb flavor instant potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face - especially when you get seconds!
Easy Shepherds Pie instructions
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- brown hamburger with chopped onion, drain any grease.
- microwave frozen hashbrowns (use frozen veggie setting add a little water).
- microwave frozen veggies.
- microwave instant potatoes (make sure to double butter/milk/ water since both packets are being made).
- in a large bowl mix together soup and milk, then add salt, pepper, worcestershire and steak seasoning.
- add meat, veggies, and cubed hasbrowns to soup mixture. Mix well.
- In a large GREASED caserole dish (4 liter or larger) pour mixture and spread evenly.
- pour and spread instant potatoes over meat mixture.
- spread cheddar cheese ontop.
- bake uncovered at 350 for 30 min.
A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a. Easy Shepherd's Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. But, here in the USA ground beef seems to be the more popular way to make an easy Shepherd's Pie. A definitive version of the classic family recipe, this easy shepherd's pie has been Find more family favourite recipes including cottage pie, spaghetti bolognese and chicken casserole on BBC Good Food. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes.