Banana Bread. I'm not a big fan of banana bread, but we had three or four bananas wasting away in the pantry so I decided to give this bread a shot. Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. After trying several recipes for banana bread that had some but not all of the things I wanted in it, I tweaked a few together and came up with this version with Greek yogurt.
Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. You can cook Banana Bread using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- Prepare 2 cup of Mashed Bananas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shortening.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It's 2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 3 large of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Banana bread is a great way to use up extra bananas (or those ones that go brown). Put them to use with some classic banana bread recipes. There are several possible explanations behind this.
Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together sugar and shortening for 5 minute. Add eggs and vanilla blend well..
- Blend milk with mashed bananas then add to egg mixture..
- Sift dry ingredients together..
- Mix wet and dry ingredients on medium speed for 2 minutes..
- Grease and flour 1 bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes..
You may have added too much or too little baking soda, or maybe your baking soda has already gone bad. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. I firmly believe that banana bread is something you should be able to make anytime and anywhere, with a mixer or with a fork, in a loaf pan or in a muffin tin — whenever you have a few bananas going soft and freckly. In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with spoon until light and fluffy. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.