Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce.
You can cook Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce
- It's 1 (12 ounce) of bag fresh cranberries.
- You need 1.5 cups of fresh pineapple that's been cut into a 1/2-inch dice (you can use canned, but reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup or so).
- You need 1 of +1/4 to 1+1/2 cups sugar.
- It's 1 cup of water.
- Prepare of the zest of an orange.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It's of see notes about appropriate spices in the story section above.
Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce instructions
- Put all ingredients except spices in a medium saucepan, stir, and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring often..
- Reduce the heat to medium low and continue simmering, stirring occasionally, until almost all of the cranberries pop. (About 10 minutes.).
- Remove from heat and stir in spices at this point. The residual heat will infuse the sauce with the spices. (I tend to have a light hand with the spices because once you've overcomplicated your food with spices, it's very hard to correct. You can always add more, but there's very little you can do to change or cover it up once you've added too much.).
- Cool and store in lidded container(s) in the fridge..
- Enjoy! :).