Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping. Topped with creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes. Hearty vegetables in a brothy sauce topped with fluffy mashed potatoes, all baked to bubbly perfectly. A meaty, hearty and easy veggie Shepherd's Pie; made with a saucy mushroom and ground round stew, filled with corn, peas and carrots, and topped with The meaty filling for this shepherds pie is going to be made extra meaty with veggie ground road and mushrooms.
Put the lentil mixture in the dish that you are using, then top with mash. Shepherd's pie goes vegetarian in this terrific meatless main-course meal. Kidney beans and cauliflower replace the meat in this hearty dish. You can cook Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping
- Prepare of Pie filling.
- Prepare 1 tin of green lentils.
- It's 1 of pouch / sachet puy lentils (I used merchant gourmet).
- You need 1 of white onion finely chopped.
- You need 2 of carrots finely chopped.
- You need 1 stick of celery finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of tikka spice.
- You need 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- It's 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of siracha.
- Prepare 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 250 ml of vegetable stock.
- It's 1-2 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Celeriac mash.
- Prepare 1 of whole celeriac peeled and chopped into chunks.
- You need 2-3 of potatoes peeled and chopped into chunks.
- It's 1 tsp of butter.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- You need of Dried breadcrumbs.
- You need of Parmesan cheese (optional).
We'll show you how to prepare the veggies and beans and top the mixture with mashed potato and cheese topping. This easy veggie shepherd's pie is quick to prepare and can be left cooking while you get on with other things. To make the topping, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil (there's no need to add salt). This Healthy Shepherd's Pie calls for olive oil instead of butter, extra-lean ground beef, lots of One other change from traditional shepherd's pie is the topping: It's a blend of cauliflower and potatoes!
Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c.
- Heat a tbsp oil in a large pan and slowly fry the onions for 3-4 mins. Then add the carrots, celery, garlic and some salt. Cook for 5 mins, then add the spices and cook for another 3-5 mins until the veg is soft..
- Add the lentils, tomato purée, tinned tomatoes, siracha, stock and herbs and simmer for 15 minutes until the stock reduces. Add a little water if it gets too dry..
- Meanwhile add the celeriac, potatoes and a little salt to a pot of cold water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn down and simmer for 15 minutes until soft..
- Taste the lentils and add a little more seasoning if needed. Then add them to an ovenproof dish..
- Mash the celeriac and potatoes with the butter and add to the top of the lentils. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and place in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes remove and sprinkle with cheese (optional) and return to the oven for another 20 minutes until the topping is golden. Serve 🤤.
It has all the comfort of classic shepherd's pie, but works in extra veggies, olive oil instead of butter. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Veggies, Chickpeas (or lentils), fresh herbs, herbed mashed sweet potato and a crusty garlic top. This savory pie just shot to the top in the running for the Vegan Thanksgiving entree. To get the nice browned top, turn on the boiler and watch the pie closely until it's browned on top (if your broiler is under your oven, you'll have to transfer the pie to the bottom drawer).