Lentil Shepherd's Pie. The ultimate Vegan Lentil Shepherd's Pie featuring rich, flavourful, saucy lentils topped with fluffy, creamy mashed potatoes & baked until deliciously golden brown & crispy. Add the remaining lentil mixture ingredients except for the lentils and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. The ultimate Vegan Lentil Shepherd's Pie featuring rich, flavourful, saucy lentils topped with fluffy, creamy mashed potatoes & baked until deliciously golden brown & crispy.
Add the lentils, stock, tomato, and ketchup, and bring to a simmer, stirring. This naturally vegan lentil shepherd's pie is made by baking stewed lentils and vegetables with a garlic chive mashed potato topping. My meatless shepherd's pie recipe is flavorfully made with. You can cook Lentil Shepherd's Pie using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lentil Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare of Ingredients for potato topping: -.
- You need 4 of no medium size potatoes boiled and peeled.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's of Ingredients for making lentil stuffing:-.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of cooked green french lentil/sabut masoor dal.
- Prepare 1 of large size carrot.
- You need 1 stalk of celery.
- Prepare 1 of medium size onion.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 of no garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peas.
- You need 1 cup of pomegranate Juice.
- You need 1/2-3/4 cup of vegetable broth/water.
- It's 1 tsp of thyme leaves dried.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need of Salt and black pepper powder as per taste.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of chopped celery leaves.
A rich, vegan lentil stew topped with homemade mashed potatoes. This Lentil Shepherd's Pie is a budget-friendly recipe that is perfect for meal prepping. It's so hearty, comforting, and filling you will NOT miss the meat! Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas.
Lentil Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Chop onion, carrot, garlic and celery in small pieces in separate bowls and keep aside..
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high flame..
- Put a pinch of salt and black pepper in hot oil along with chopped vegetables and keep stirring continuously for 6-7 minutes until the vegetables are cooked properly..
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add pomegranate juice and cook till it is over..
- Slow down the heat,add cooked lentils, peas, tomatoes paste, 1/2 cups vegetable broth, thyme, garlic powder, salt and black pepper and cook on low flame stirring continuously for 5 minutes..
- If the pulses become very dry, mix 1/4 cup broth more and mix well.Remove from flame and keep it aside..
- In a big bowl add boiled potatoes and mash with the help of masher..
- Add milk,oil, salt and pepper in mashed potatoes and mix well..
- Preheat the oven for 200 minutes at 10 minutes..
- Put the prepared mixture of lentils in ramkins or baking dish and put a layer of potato mixture over it..
- Bake at 200 * C for 10-15 minutes.Broil the potatoes for two more minutes to make it crispy..
- Once done remove from the oven,garnish with chopped celery leaves and serve hot..
The bulgur releases just enough starch to bind the lentil- and mushroom-packed filling together. In my series of traditional and simple holiday favorites, the next dish is this Delicious Lentil Mushroom Shepherdless Pie. This Lentil Shepherd's Pie comfort food is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters, plant-based or not! You can make this dish easier with store-bought items, such as canned or boxed lentils which. Easy, delicious and full of fab ingredients, this Lentil Shepherd's Pie is comfort food at its finest…and the perfect way to celebrate organic food!