Stuffed Tofu (Tahu Isi) *Vegan. Today I'll show you how to make a vegan version of stuffed tofu or like they call it in Indonesia. Deep fried food is a common street snack in Indonesia. Numerous glassed booths line the roadsides with signs reading gorengan (fried food or fritter).
Stuff your tofu, batter up and fry them to golden perfection. (Alan Benson)Source: Alan Benson. One of the most popular is tahu isi, or fried, stuffed tofu parcels. Slice through the middle, but not all the way, so that you can open the tofu like a bun. You can have Stuffed Tofu (Tahu Isi) *Vegan using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Tofu (Tahu Isi) *Vegan
- You need 10 pcs of Fried Tofu.
- It's of Filling:.
- It's 3 of carrots.
- Prepare 1/4 of cabbage.
- It's 100 gr of bean sprouts (optional).
- It's 2 of spring onions.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion or 5 shallots.
- It's 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It's 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of chicken or beed or mushroom stock (optional).
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- It's of Batter:.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of tapioca starch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- It's 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 3 cups of water.
Tofu puffs are stuffed with vegetables and then coated with batter that gives you crispy tofu (and stays crispy for long too). Yeah.just look at this stuffed tofu. As rustic as it can be and I can easily pop these inside my mouth and just claim that I'm too distracted to even count how many I've eaten. Tahu Isi name makes sense more which is meant stuffed tofu; isi = stuff/fill.
Stuffed Tofu (Tahu Isi) *Vegan step by step
- Cut square shaped fried tofu tofu become triangle shapes, take out the inner part, put aside..
- Chop onion, garlics, cabbage, and spring onions, shred carrots, pur aside..
- In a sauce pan, pour 2 tbsp vegetable oil, put chopped onuon and garlics into the sauce pan, stir it well until the aroma comes out..
- Add spring onion, cabbage, carrots, and bean sprout, sprinkle some salt, sugar,pepper, and stock, stir it well. Cover the sauce pan, check and stir it properly until all veggies are cooked..
- In a mixing bowl, mix all flour and starch well, add turmeric powder, and salt, mix them well. Gradually pour water while stiring it, stop pouring the water when the batter is not to thick and not watery..
- Take fried tofu, fill it up with vegetable mix, do the same thing for the whole 20 tofu..
- Pre-heat cooking oil in a fryung pan..
- Deep filled tofu into batter and deep fry it in while the oil heates up, turn to the other side while they turn golden..
- Stuffed tofu is ready to be served, you can also enjoy them with some sauce or mayonaise..
You can always make these fried stuffed tofus go vegan by omitting the shrimp. Fried stuffed tofus (tahu isi/tahu berontak/gehu/tahu susur/tahu bunting) are very common to be found any street food sellers that. Deep fried stuffed tofu (Tahu isi) is a snack made from tofu stuffed with variants vegetables such cabbage, carrots and bean sprouts. This is another snack that most selling by the street food stall along with vegetable fritter also known as bala-bala, bakwan goreng and I've shared my vegetable fritters. Tahu goreng (Indonesian spelling) or Tauhu goreng (Malaysian and Singaporean spelling) is an Indonesian dish of fried tofu commonly found in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.