All in One Shepherd’s Pie. Expect the best shepherd's pie, casserole with ground beef, chopped carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is When you dig in you get a spoonful of mashed potatoes, some crispy bits, meat, and vegetables all in one bite.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face - especially when you get seconds! Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. You can cook All in One Shepherd’s Pie using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of All in One Shepherd’s Pie
- You need 500 grams of Beef Mince.
- It's 2 of Large Onions.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Oil.
- It's 500 grams of Potatoes.
- It's 100 Grams of Butter.
- Prepare Cup of Frozen Peas.
- Prepare Cup of Frozen Sweetcorn.
- You need Cup of Frozen Mixed Sweet Peppers.
- Prepare 2 of Stock Cubes.
- Prepare Cup of Hot Water.
- Prepare of Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese.
- You need Pinch of Salt.
Shepherd's pie is one of the most loved meals in Ireland. The truth is that shepherd's pie came about from sheer genius and the need to preserve rather than waste food. It was derived from the need to make something cohesive from the little bits of food that was seen to be not worth much. Rich and flavorful beef shepherd's pie recipe, made easy in one skillet!
All in One Shepherd’s Pie step by step
- Wash and peel the Potatoes. Cut into small pieces and put them into a pan of water, with a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer for 15-20 minutes..
- Wash and peel the carrots. Cut into small cubes and place in a pot of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes..
- Peel and dice the Onions. Place in a large pan with the oil. Brown gently until soft. Add the Beef, stirring well until the meat has turned brown..
- Add the stock cubes to a cup of hot water, mix to a smooth consistency and add to the Beef and Onions..
- Drain the Carrots and add to the mix. Stir in the Peas, Sweetcorn, Peppers and mix well..
- Put the Beef and vegetable mix into an oven- proof dish to 2/3 full..
- Drain the potatoes, place in a bowl with the butter and mash to a smooth consistency. Spoon over the Beef mix all the way to the edges of the fish. Sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese over the top..
- Place in a medium- hot oven for about 30-45 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy! Can be Frozen for up to 6 months..
Ground beef, tender vegetables, and fluffy mashed potatoes Some of you may be questioning the name here… after all, a shepherd's pie is not traditionally made with ground beef, but rather made of ground lamb or mutton. British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. Stock up all the flavours in your freezer I have tasted shepherd's pies from other places before but this must be one of the best!!! Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.