Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food). According to Minangkabau (hence the name Minang rendang) tradition, their authentic beef rendang should be dry. Beef rendang is carefully stirred, simmered and cooked for three to four hours until the coconut milk has totally evaporated and the meat has absorbed the flavor of the herbs and spices. Rendang Sapi is one of the most popular dishes from Padang, West Sumatra.
I like it because the taste is really strong and aromatic. However, it takes a bit longer time to cook so that the beef will be soft and tender. But it is definately worth to try =^_^= Put the coconut milk and water in a wok or large pan over medium to high flame and bring to a boil. You can have Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food)
- It's 1/4 kg of diced fresh beef.
- It's 200 ml of coconuts milk.
- It's 10 cloves of onions.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cm of Ginger.
- Prepare 1 cm of turmeric.
- It's 2 of Red chilli.
- It's 8 of Cayannes (Optional).
- Prepare 1 of ts Coriander seeds.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It's of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare 1 of Lemongrass.
Add the garlic, shallot, galangal, turmeric, chile, nutmeg, cardamom, coriander, cumin, ginger. This Indonesian beef curry recipe will show you how to make a Rendang curry (as it is known in Indonesia). This beef Rendang recipe is not only very easy to make, but it does produce an absolutely delicious beef curry, as the beef is slow cooked in coconut milk. OK, so it is not quick to make, but it is worth the wait.
Rendang Beef (Indonesian Food) step by step
- Put the onions, garlics, gingers, turmerics, red chilis, cayennes, coriander seeds, salt and sugar into the blender and process to a puree..
- Add the puree into the pan and stir it until it smells good. Then add the coconut milk in the pan with medium flame.
- Add the diced fresh beef into the pan.
- Add the bay leaves and lemon grass.
- Cook the beef until the beef well done for about 1 ½ hours then the coconut milk evaporates and rendang’s seasoning done..
Indonesian Stewed Beef (Rendang) This luscious Indonesian dish, from a recipe in James Oseland's book Cradle of Flavor (W. Stir frequently as the sauce thickens. The delicious nasi goreng, also from Indonesia appears in second place, pad thai in fifth place and the soto ayam salad in sixth position to name a few. Rendang is originally a dish from the Minangkabau ethnic group but it is also made by the Malays in Malaysia. Put the beef in the slow cooker.