Fried zucchini and squash pasta. Make fried squash or zucchini with my blue ribbon winning recipe and discover how good this Southern dish can be! You and your family will love this. Salting and sweating the zucchini before frying pulls most of the extra moisture from the zucchini or yellow squash.
Easy Fried Zucchini and Squash Recipe - This easy fried zucchini recipe (fried squash) is healthy, crispy & delicious. Learn how to make fried zucchini and squash the healthy way with this recipe! Using the tongs or a pasta fork, transfer the pasta from the water directly to the skillet with the squash and toss well to coat. You can cook Fried zucchini and squash pasta using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried zucchini and squash pasta
- It's of green zucchini.
- It's of yellow squash.
- It's of spaghetti noodles.
- Prepare of Jars spaghetti sauce.
- You need of mozzarella cheese.
- It's of egg.
- It's of milk.
- It's of flour.
- Prepare of basil.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of thyme.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
These crispy, oven-fried zucchini and squash are lightly breaded and baked to perfection, without all the artery-clogging grease! Then, toss in the squash and zucchini. Close the top of the bag and toss around until veggies are coated well with the dry mixture. Summer squash is thriving, so right now is the time to get cooking!
Fried zucchini and squash pasta step by step
- Cook and Drain noodles. Preheat oven to 350.
- In med. bowl beat milk and egg together and set aside..
- On a plate combine flour and seasonings and mix together..
- Cut up zucchini and squash in chips and dip in the egg mixture then coat in the flour mixture. Repeat until all pieces are coated..
- In skillet heat oil. Fry zucchini and squash chips until crispy on both sides. Repeat until gone..
- Combine one jar of sauce with the noodles and pour into a baking dish..
- Pour second jar of sauce over the top and layer with alternating zucchini and squash chips. Top with cheese and bake until melted..
This fabulous recipe combines tortellini, zucchini, yellow squash and sun dried tomatoes seared in a light honey mustard vinaigrette. So if you had your fill of summer pasta salads and are looking for something tasty and different than Pan Fried Crispy Tortellini and Zucchini is your answer. Whether You Serve It As A Side Or An Appetizer, This Restaurant Style Fried Zucchini Is A Family Favorite. Fried To Perfection, This Dish Is Simply Addicting, Especially Dipped In Ranch And Marinara! Zucchini and summer squash are totally interchangeable when it comes to gratins.