Glazed pound cake. Hi, everyone 🙂 Today we'll going to show you how to make Classic Glazed Lemon Pound Cake. This classic pound cake is so easy, even for beginner bakers. This pound cake, perfect for tea time or a light dessert, doesn't skimp on the lemon flavor since we grated zest first, and then squeezed Glazed Lemon Pound Cake.
A glaze makes a pound cake into something extraordinary. It brings a sweet creaminess to the cake and makes it tender and moist. Making the glaze is simple, but you do want the right ratio of. You can have Glazed pound cake using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Glazed pound cake
- It's of for the cake.
- Prepare of ap flour.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It's of butter.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of shortening.
- You need of eggs.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of glaze.
- You need of powdered sugar.
- It's of butter.
- It's of milk or cream.
- Prepare of vanilla extract or almond extract.
This cake tastes wonderful, but if you can let it set for a day, the lemon flavor really comes out! Poke holes in the cake with a large fork, and pour the lemon syrup over the top. This lemon pound cake with a lemon glaze is filled with fresh lemon flavor. Bake as a bundt or loaf—and freeze up to one month!
Glazed pound cake step by step
- Cream together butter and shortening add sugar slowly a little at a time until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs (room temp) one by one making sure each egg is well incorporated before adding the next.
- Add 1/3 of your flour mix well followed by 1/2 of your milk continue until theres nothing left (make sure u start with flour and end with flour)..
- Stir in vanilla extract and preheat oven to 350° (grease and flour cake pan) pour batter in and cook for 1hour to 1:30 mins depending on oven until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the glaze melt butter in a microwave or the stove top add to the powder sugar and add extract plus milk and whisk together add more or less cream for which ever consistency u prefer enjoy :-).
Remove cake from oven, and with cake still in pan, pour glaze over top of hot cake, tipping pan to allow excess Reviews for: Photos of Glazed Lemon Supreme Pound Cake. Reviews: Most Helpful. "Glazed lime pound cake recipe that bakes up moist, dense and so soft thanks to buttermilk and lime yogurt! Perfectly sweet and tart with a bold lime glaze". This recipe for Glazed Marble Pound Cake is made with melted chocolate and vanilla bean for optimal flavor. It's a dense and indulgent bakery-style cake that's perfect for dessert or coffee break treat.