Rendang meat recipe for nasi lemak #mycookbook. Nasi Lemak Wash the rice several times under running water until the water runs quite clear. Spicy rendang,coconut rice and cucumber slices. When oil is heated, fry paste till aromatic and oil splits.
Nasi lemak is considered a Malaysian national dish. Traditionally, nasi lemak is served with various side dishes, including hard boiled or fried egg, fresh cucumber slices, roasted/fried peanuts, hot spicy sauce and small, fried anchovies (ikan bilis). While beef rendang is the poster child, there are variations such as chicken rendang and lamb rendang. You can cook Rendang meat recipe for nasi lemak #mycookbook using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rendang meat recipe for nasi lemak #mycookbook
- You need of For rendang :.
- Prepare 1/4 of shredded coconut.
- You need 1 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare of Rendang paste :.
- It's 3 of shallot.
- You need 1 1/2 inch of galangal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 inch of ginger.
- It's 2 of lemongrass (white part).
- It's 6 of garlics.
- It's 10 of chilli pepper (dried).
- You need of Braising ingredients :.
- It's 1/4 cups of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of cardamom pods (smashed).
- It's 4 of cloves.
- You need 2 of star anise pods.
- It's 1 of cinammon stick.
- You need 400 g of coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 of kafir lime leaves.
- You need 2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- It's 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 900 g of beef chunk (or can use chicken meat).
They are all absolutely delicious and best with rice, or Malaysian coconut milk rice (nasi lemak). Thanks to MasterChef UK judges, we have a new version of our beloved Asian cuisine Rendang! Our home cook Wyatt Tan was inspired and has successfully created his own recipe for Crispy Chicken Rendang! This Nasi Lemak with Crispy Ayam Rendang dish is absolutely delicious!
Rendang meat recipe for nasi lemak #mycookbook instructions
- If you use meat beef to make the meat soft enough.First prepare steamer. Wash the meat and take one of papaya leaf (wash clean)..
- Wrap the meat using papaya leaf..
- Steam them in medium high heat for 30 mins..
- Then remove the papaya leaf and steam the meat for another 15 to 20 mins over medium low heat..
- Make the rendang : Add the shredded coconut to a small pan and heat over medium-low heat.Cook,stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside..
- Combine the tamarind paste with 1/4 cup of hot water in a small bowl.Let soak until very tender.When you’re ready to use the paste,press and stir the paste to mix it with the water and squeeze out the tamarind pods.Discard the pods before using..
- Blend together all the rendang paste ingredients..
- Add the oil to a pot and heat over medium heat.Add the rendang paste and turn to medium-low heat.Cook and stir until the moisture is reduced and the paste begins to caramelize about 8 mins.
- Add the cardamom pod,cloves,and star anise pods.Cook and stir for 1 minute to release the fragrance..
- Add the beef and lemongrass stalks. Turn to medium heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute, until the beef is evenly coated.
- Add the coconut milk and soaked tamarind water (do not add the leftover tamarind chunks).Bring to a simmer. Reduce to low or very low heat,whichever is enough to maintain the very low simmer. Add the toasted shredded coconut, kaffir lime leaves, brown sugar, and salt. Stir a few times to mix well..
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef turns very tender. The process can take anywhere from 1 to 1 and half hour. When the braising liquid starts to turn golden brown, check on the pot more often, every 15 minutes or so, and stir and scrape the bottom to prevent burning. At the end of cooking, the rendang will turn golden brown and the oil will separate..
- Taste the rendang gravy and the beef. Adjust the seasoning by adding salt, if needed..
Chicken Rendang with Nasi Lemak - Chicken Chicken Rendang with Nasi Lemak is a Malaysian dish in which chicken and rice are cooked in coconut milk and serve with a sauce. But in this recipe chicken is served with plain rice. Must try you will love the taste. If you have Nasi Lemak as a heavier meal, it is common to add some fried chicken, fried fish, and meat rendang. When do you eat Nasi Lemak?