Sweet Toasted Acorn ( Winter ) Squash Seeds.
You can cook Sweet Toasted Acorn ( Winter ) Squash Seeds using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Toasted Acorn ( Winter ) Squash Seeds
- Prepare 2 cup of acorn squash or butternut squash seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- It's 3/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It's 1 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tbsp of sugar.
Sweet Toasted Acorn ( Winter ) Squash Seeds step by step
- these seeds are wonderful for sweet trail mixes, to eat alone, or put on top of a pumpkin pie or sweet potato pie for garnish, or on top of fruit salads or yogurt!.
- preheat oven to 325.
- clean seeds of all pulp, rinse and pat dry..
- melt butter..
- toss seeds in butter..
- add seasonings to butter and toss seeds well to coat..
- spread seeds out on a foil or parchment paper line baking sheet slightly sprayed with butter flavor baking spray..
- roast 10 minutes on top shelf of oven. then toss seeds to roast evenly..
- bake another ten minutes and toss again..
- watch ur seeds as the inside can burn..do a small taste test to ensure they are crispy enough.. if not add 3 minutes or so..
- remove from oven, and transfer to a plate or bowl to cool...
- note: when they cool they will be stuck together because of the sugar carmelizing.. just break apart with your hand when completely cool or before serving..