Chocolate banana bread. Chocolate Banana Bread Recipes Chocolate Banana Bread Chocolate Banana Bread. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla.
It is a very flexible recipe. You can use it for a plain banana bread, a peanut butter banana bread, or a chocolate chip banana bread. This recipe also calls for melted unsalted butter AND oil. You can have Chocolate banana bread using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate banana bread
- Prepare of A. Dry ingredients.
- It's 175 grams of (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour - sifted.
- It's 40 grams (1/2 cup) of cocoa powder -sifted.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 of and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
- It's 60 grams (1/2 cup) of brown sugar.
- Prepare 40 grams (1/4 cup) of caster sugar.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need of B. Wet ingredients.
- It's 2 of overripe Bananas - mash by fork - mixed with a tsp of lemon.
- You need 115 grams (1/2 cup) of or 1 stick) unsalted butter- melted & cool.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of large eggs - at room temperature.
- Prepare 60 ml (1/4 cup) of milk - at room temperature.
- It's of Other.
- Prepare 75 grams (1/2 cup) of chocolate chips.
Chocolate Banana Bread…I have made banana bread for more years than I care to admit to, but never thought of adding chocolate. But because all the recipes from your blog have been so successful I decided to give it a try. Wow is all I can say! So moist and flavourful…the best chocolate "cake" I have ever made.
Chocolate banana bread instructions
- Grease and line your 9 x 5 inch baking tin with baking or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 170oC (350oF).
- Mix dry ingredients by a whisk. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients until combined. Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and mashed banana. Very gently fold the mixture using a spatula or wooden spoon until the mixture is just combined – be careful not to over mix..
- Add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to the batter. Pour mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top..
- Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack..
Chocolate Banana Bread is the perfect combination of chocolate and banana. The balance between the two flavors in my recipe is outstanding! It took me a few tries to get it quite right, because I either ended up with bread that tasted just like chocolate cake (not that that's bad) OR a barely there chocolate flavor with too much banana. Tiny bits of chocolate flavor the bread beautifully, while larger ones provide big hits of deliciousness. Rich and sweet with chocolate chips and walnuts, this banana bread is made with shortening and mayonnaise, making it very moist.