Beef rendang. Rendang is a rich and tender coconut beef stew which is explosively flavorful and beef rendang is the most popular rendang. Called "rendang daging" in local language, it's arguably the most famous beef recipe in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. Origins of Rendang A tip on making Beef Rendang is to use a mortar and pestle to grind the spices, if you could find one.
Otherwise, the recipe is quite authentic.. Beef Rendang is a Malaysian curry and is considered by many to be the king of all curries! To say it's extravagantly delicious is an understatement. You can have Beef rendang using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef rendang
- It's of Ingredients (A).
- It's 1 kg of beef.
- You need 600 ml of coconut cream.
- You need 100 ml of vegetable oil.
- You need of Ingredients (B)- to blend.
- It's 4 of candlenuts.
- You need 12 cloves of garlic.
- It's 300 g of red chili.
- It's 250 g of onions,.
- Prepare 50 g of ginger.
- You need 50 g of galangal.
- It's 50 g of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- It's 1 tbsp (15 g) of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 4 of green cardamoms.
- You need 11/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 10 of cloves.
- It's of Ingredients (C)- Seasonings and Spices.
- It's 4 stalks of bashed lemongrass.
- You need 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It's 1 piece of asam keping.
- Prepare 2 of turmeric leaves, tied up.
There are very few curries in this world with such amazingly complex flavours. Originally from Indonesia though now more well known as a Malaysia curry, the sauce is made with aromatic spices like cinnamon, cardamom and. Rendang is a traditional Indonesian dish, but is also part of Malayasian cuisine, too. Rendang is meat (usually beef) that has been slowly cooked and braised in a spice paste mixture and coconut.
Beef rendang instructions
- Cut the beef into 4 cm squares, half cm thick. Do not cut the beef too small as the meat can break into smaller pieces during cooking..
- Blend all the ingredients in (B), set the blend aside..
- Remove the green section and the outer sheath of the lemongrass. Use only the white portion. Bash them so that the lemongrass to ensure the release of the flavor..
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a wok. Saute the spice paste (B) over low heat until aromatic..
- Add the coconut milk and lemongrass into the wok..
- Add the beef and cook over medium heat. Bring the coconut milk to a boil..
- Once it is boiled, continue simmer over low heat. Add water from time to time when the stew is about to dry..
- Cook until the beef absorbs the flavor of the spices thoroughly and the color turns to dark brown. It will take about three hours, Served with rice or bread enjoy..
Beef rendang is carefully stirred, simmered and cooked for three to four hours until the coconut milk has totally evaporated and the meat has absorbed the flavor of the herbs and spices. Dried rendang can be stored at room temperature for three to four weeks. It can even last up to six months if frozen. Beef Rendang is a flavorful West Sumatran dry curry that's made with beef, that's cooked together with a spice paste and coconut milk until fork-tender. It's then fried together with the remaining braising liquid until the liquid caramelizes around the beef, coating it with an insane amount of flavor.