Spaghetti Carbonara. By Lindsay Funston and Lauren Miyashiro. When you're craving a comfort food, nothing—I repeat, NOTHING—will cure you like creamy carbonara. Spaghetti Pasta Carbonara—indulgent and delicious, yet so easy!
And even it it wasn't, who cares? Everyone loves this classic Italian dish and Gennaro has a version you'll want to make again and again. Discover how to make our best spaghetti carbonara recipe. You can cook Spaghetti Carbonara using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Carbonara
- Prepare 200-250 g of spaghetti.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of onions, chopped.
- It's 180 g of bacon medallions/rashers, chopped. I prefer unsmoked but smoked is fine if preferred.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of half-fat crème fraîche.
- It's 20 g of Parmesan cheese.
This cheesy pasta dish is an Italian favourite. A recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. Because America may have contributed to its creation, carbonara is Exhibit A in the back-and-forth between Italy and the United States when it. A spaghetti carbonara recipe is a failsafe classic.
Spaghetti Carbonara instructions
- Bring salted water to boil ready for the spaghetti. Time cooking to reach al dente and be drained ready for Step 5. Fresh spaghetti will take 3 minutes, dried spaghetti about 8-10 minutes but follow the packet’s instructions. Please note that the pasta must be immediately added to the onions and bacon and not allowed to cool. This is to ensure that the eggs, which are added immediately after the spaghetti, are cooked properly..
- Beat the eggs, add the Parmesan cheese and crème fraîche and beat with a fork until well-mixed and forming a creamy sauce. Do this before starting the pasta if using fresh spaghetti..
- Gently fry the onions and bacon in the oil until soft (about 6 or 7 minutes). Stir gently if needed to avoid sticking..
- Take out and reserve a cup of the pasta water, then drain the spaghetti in a colander..
- Add the spaghetti to the onions and bacon, then immediately add the egg sauce. Stir thoroughly to ensure that the egg mixture gets cooked along with the rest. If the sauce is quite dry and needs loosening, stir in a small amount of the pasta water. Once the egg is cooked, serve immediately. Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese on top of the served portions if wished..
This Italian carbonara uses the traditional guanciale and Gennaro's classic spaghetti carbonara. It's Tyler to the rescue as he helps a fan make spaghetti alla carbonara. Our best Spaghetti Carbonara is silky with egg and melted cheese, freshened with parsley, and spiked with black peppers. Spaghetti alla Carbonara is a relatively modern Roman dish made by tossing hot pasta with Guanciale, and a mixture of eggs, cheese, and black pepper. For everyone who said that this Carbonara is too salty - table salt is double as salty as Kosher salt, so remember to cut the amount of salt in half if using table salt.