Chicken Korma. Chicken korma recipe with video and step by step photos - Korma is a delicious gravy usually made with onions, spices, nuts, yogurt, seeds, coconut, vegetables or meat. It is rich, creamy, full of spices and flavor, and just begs to be soaked up by. Korma or qorma is a dish originating in the Indian subcontinent, consisting of meat or vegetables braised with yogurt (dahi) or cream, water or stock, and spices to produce a thick sauce or glaze.
This Chicken Korma recipe is well flavored and balanced, but it is less of a punch of flavor than my favorite Indian recipe, Butter Chicken. How do you make a chicken korma? chicken korma restaurant style - All Recipes Hub : It is a classic, creamy and very tempting chicken gravy that the chicken is cooked. You can cook Chicken Korma using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Korma
- You need 1/2 kg of chicken with bones.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fried onions(birista).
- It's 1 cup of curd.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of green chilli paste.
- You need 1.5 tsp of zeera (cumin)powder.
- It's 1 tsp of dhania (Coriander)powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of haldi( Turmeric powder).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of zaiphal powder.
- Prepare 3 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 inch of stick dalchini.
- It's 3 of green elaichi(cardamom).
- You need 1 pinch of elaichi (cardamom)powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of desi ghee.
- It's 1-2 tsp of kewra.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
This sped-up version of chicken korma saves time without sacrificing flavor! Boneless chicken thighs are gently simmered in a rich, creamy sauce to create layers of sweet and spicy flavors. Chicken korma is slightly seared before simmered with the sauce, which gives it more character. And to top it off, korma sauce is richer, thanks to the blended nuts and added yogurt.
Chicken Korma step by step
- Heat ghee in a vessel. Add the whole spices and let them splutter. Add the chicken and fry on a high flame for a few minutes. Now add ginger garlic paste and green chilli paste and mix well. Meanwhile grind the fried onions and curd to a paste and set aside..
- Add all the dry masala except zaiphal and elaichi powder to the chicken and roast it for 5 minutes. Now add the ground paste and mix well. Cover and cook the chicken. Keep checking after every few minutes and adding little water to it. Cook till the chicken is tender. The gravy should be thick. Lastly add the zaiphal powder, elaichi powder and the kewra water. Mix well. Enjoy with rice or parathas..
This Chicken Korma is a delicious Indian dish made with mildly spiced chicken that's been marinated in a homemade korma paste. It's so easy to make, luscious and creamy. Instant Pot + Slow Cooker Recipe. My chicken korma recipe is derived from classic ingredients and spices from India, with chicken marinated in a homemade korma paste and yogurt, then cooked quickly and simmered with cream. An Indian takeaway classic, this creamy chicken korma recipe has tender chicken in a mildly spiced curry sauce.