Malaysia Rendang beef. Rendang is a rich and tender coconut beef stew which is explosively flavorful and beef rendang is the most popular rendang. Called "rendang daging" in local language, it's arguably the most famous beef recipe in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. Origins of Rendang First browned in a shallot, ginger, and lemon grass paste and a mixture of freshly ground coriander, cumin, and nutmeg, the bite-size pieces of beef are cooked in coconut milk until tender.
This AMAZING Beef Rendang recipe is rich, creamy, spicy and filled with so many great flavors. An authentic Malaysian beef curry, the beef is braised in creamy coconut milk and spices until fall apart tender and served on a bed of rice. Beef Rendang is a Malaysian curry and is considered by many to be the king of all curries! You can cook Malaysia Rendang beef using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Malaysia Rendang beef
- Prepare 1 kg of Beef (small slices).
- You need 2 stalk of cinnamon.
- It's 5 pcs of star arnise.
- It's 300 gm of coconuts crumbs.
- It's 10 pcs of lemon leaves.
- Prepare 5 stalk of lemon grass.
- Prepare 250 gm of chili paste.
- It's 200 gm of red onion puré.
- You need 100 gm of garlic puré.
- You need 4 pcs of galangal (smashed).
- You need 150 gm of madras curry powder.
- Prepare 25 gm of cardamon.
- Prepare 25 gm of spicecumin.
- Prepare 15 gm of turmeric.
- Prepare 150 gm of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 300 ml of water.
To say it's extravagantly delicious is an understatement. There are very few curries in this world with such amazingly complex flavours. Originally from Indonesia though now more well known as a Malaysia curry, the sauce is made with aromatic spices like cinnamon, cardamom and. The best part is, this Malaysian beef rendang dish can be made in advance, as the flavors only get better if you allow it to sit in the fridge for a couple days.
Malaysia Rendang beef step by step
- Mixed all the ingredients in bowl except water and meat..
- Heat up the pot and add 4 table spoon of cooking oil, pour in the ingredients and stir it well. Cook until we smell the aroma. (around 10min).
- Add in the beef slices and stir well, cook it around 15mins then add in the water in high heat..
- Let it boil in medium heat around 1 hour until the water is reduced then is ready to served..
Moist beef rendang (kalio) Moist beef rendang is cooked much shorter than dry beef rendang. The cooking process ends when the coconut milk becomes a thick gravy of the rendang. Moist rendang is more popular in neighboring countries- Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, and southern Thailand. Rendang is an Indonesian spicy meat dish originating from the Minangkabau region in West Sumatra, Indonesia. It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighbouring Southeast Asian countries.