Chicken Korma. Chicken korma recipe with video and step by step photos - Korma is a delicious gravy usually made with onions, spices, nuts, yogurt, seeds, coconut, vegetables or meat. It is rich, creamy, full of spices and flavor, and just begs to be soaked up by. Korma or qorma is a dish originating in the Indian subcontinent, consisting of meat or vegetables braised with yogurt (dahi) or cream, water or stock, and spices to produce a thick sauce or glaze.
This Chicken Korma recipe is well flavored and balanced, but it is less of a punch of flavor than my favorite Indian recipe, Butter Chicken. How do you make a chicken korma? chicken korma restaurant style - All Recipes Hub : It is a classic, creamy and very tempting chicken gravy that the chicken is cooked. You can cook Chicken Korma using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Korma
- You need 200 gm of Onions - Sliced.
- Prepare 1 of Onion - Paste.
- It's 2-3 of Green Cardamom.
- Prepare 2 of Black Cardamom.
- It's 3-4 of Cloves.
- It's 1/3 tsp of Turmeric Powder (Optional).
- You need 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It's 2 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- It's 200 ml of Curd.
- You need 1 tbsp of Keora Water.
- You need to Taste of Salt.
- Prepare 4-5 tbsp of Ghee.
- Prepare as needed of Oil to Fry Onions.
This sped-up version of chicken korma saves time without sacrificing flavor! Boneless chicken thighs are gently simmered in a rich, creamy sauce to create layers of sweet and spicy flavors. Chicken korma is slightly seared before simmered with the sauce, which gives it more character. And to top it off, korma sauce is richer, thanks to the blended nuts and added yogurt.
Chicken Korma instructions
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onions at high-medium flame till they turn crispy & brown. Keep them aside..
- Heat ghee in a cooker or wok. Add green cardamom & cloves. Saute at medium flame for few seconds..
- Add chicken & cook at high flame for 3-4 minutes. Turn the flame medium & add ginger garlic paste and onion paste..
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt & 2 tsp curd. Mix properly..
- Cook at slow flame with a covered lid for 5 minutes. Add 50 ml water & cook for another 5 minutes with a covered lid..
- In the mean while, make a smooth paste by grinding fried onions, remaining curd & black cardamoms..
- Turn the gas to high. Add the prepared paste, cumin powder & garam masala into the chicken & mix properly. Cook for another 5 mints with covered lid at medium flame..
- When the gravy & chicken look perfectly cooked, add Keora water & mix. Switch off the flame immediately..
- Cover the wok & let it stand for 10 mints. Remove the lid & mix properly. Serve hot!.
This Chicken Korma is a delicious Indian dish made with mildly spiced chicken that's been marinated in a homemade korma paste. It's so easy to make, luscious and creamy. Instant Pot + Slow Cooker Recipe. My chicken korma recipe is derived from classic ingredients and spices from India, with chicken marinated in a homemade korma paste and yogurt, then cooked quickly and simmered with cream. An Indian takeaway classic, this creamy chicken korma recipe has tender chicken in a mildly spiced curry sauce.