Baked fish pie. Today I am going to prepared one of my simple method of making pies. One thing I love about making pies, you can play with the ingredients by making the. Give the humble fish pie a flavour-boosting makeover with Tommy Banks' version, made with king A simple fish pie recipe that's quick and easy to prepare.
Fish pie is essentially fish in a mild sauce with mashed potato on top, baked to give it a slight crisp. A Fish Pie fit for a king! Flakes of fish smothered in a creamy white sauce, topped with mashed potato then baked until golden brown, a wonderful centrepiece for Easter you can make with fresh. You can have Baked fish pie using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked fish pie
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 200 gms of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of salt.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of For the filling.
- It's 2 cans of sardine.
- It's of Diced carrot.
- Prepare of Diced Irish potato.
- You need of Diced onions.
- Prepare of Diced pepper.
- It's of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare of Dried thyme.
Try simple fish pie to healthy fish pie and more. A fun twist on a family favourite, we've combined the crispy shell of a baked spud with an easy fish pie filling and buttery mash on top. Baking fish fillets is the easiest way to ensure a tender, flaky entrée that maintains its flavor and Mix up a lemon-butter mixture, drizzle it on, and pop into the oven. You'll be enjoying baked fish in just.
Baked fish pie step by step
- Sift your flour and baking powder.
- Add in ur butter,sugar, salt and egg.
- Mix with ur hand or spatula till it looks like bread crumbs.
- Add in your can of evaporated milk and knead well.
- Then divide the dough and leave to sit in the fridge for 30mins.
- While waiting for the dough. Put a pan on fire.
- Add Lil quantity of vegetable oil and leave it to get hot.
- Add in diced onions and stir for a minute.
- Add in ur diced Irish potatoes and leave to fry till its well cooked.
- Add in ur carrots and stir.
- Then add in your can sardines and mash.
- Add in a Lil salt,thyme and seasoning.
- Bring out your dough from the fridge. Roll and cut with ur meat pie cutter or anything circular in the kitchen and add in ur filling then seal the tip with fork if u are not using a meat pie cutter.
- Then bake in the already preheated oven for 30mins.
Our fish pie recipes take you through the gamut. Creamy smoky fish under a blanket of comforting mash, and an endless number of variations. Traditional English fish pie is a creamy dish that is loaded with vegetables and cheese. Also known as fisherman's pie, it is usually baked in a deep dish and topped with mashed. Fish pie is a potato topped fish bake that's a British comfort food classic.