Leeky Fish Pie. Give the humble fish pie a flavour-boosting makeover with Tommy Banks' version, made with king prawns, salmon and haddock and topped with a comforting, cheesy mash. Rich Harris shows you how to make a classic fish pie using smoked haddock. Fish pie with prawns and cheesy leek mash topping recipe
Celery, Celeriac, Onion, Garlic, Avocado, Creme Fraiche, Chicken stock, Cod fillets. British fish pie is quick and easy to make; filled with poached fish, leeks, and mashed potatoes, it's a This British fish pie recipe is easy to make and can be economical to cook. It calls for pieces of a. You can have Leeky Fish Pie using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leeky Fish Pie
- You need 1 kilogram of Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Large Smoked Cod Loins.
- You need 50 grams of Butter.
- It's 500 mls of Milk.
- Prepare 3 of heaped Tablespoons Flour.
- It's 2 of Fish Stock Cubes.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Peas (optional).
- It's 1 Cup of Sweetcorn (optional).
- Prepare 2 of Large Leeks.
- You need 50 gram of Tub Parmesan Cheese.
Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod. Find stacks of fish pie recipes for a family friendly, comforting meal. We have loads of classic top-rated fish pies from home cooks like you, as well as some delicious twists on the old favourite recipe. A Fish Pie fit for a king!
Leeky Fish Pie instructions
- Wash, peel then dice Potatoes. Cook in boiling water, (or steam), for about 15 minutes until just cooked, then put to one side.
- Wash the leeks, remove the dark tops, then slice thinly into an oven- proof dish..
- Wash fish under a tap, do not dry. Remove any bones. Wrap in greaseproof paper and microwave for just three minutes. Flake apart with a fork and add to the dish..
- Add Peas and Sweetcorn if using.
- Put the flour into a medium saucepan, start to heat. Add the milk gradually, stirring to prevent lumps..
- Add crumbled stock cubes and butter, stir to mix. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer, stirring all the time, until the sauce thickens..
- Pour sauce over contents of the dish, making sure everything is covered all the way to the edges..
- Mash Potatoes, with a little butter and milk, to a creamy consistency. Spread over contents of dish, mark with a fork. Sprinkle over evenly the Parmesan Cheese..
- Heat in a medium oven, gas mark 6, 220F, for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown and smells very Cheesy!!.
Flakes of fish smothered in a creamy sauce, topped with mashed potato and a crunchy golden top. Use both smoked and unsmoked fish for best results - and it's economical! A gorgeous, crispy, cheesy potato topping finishes this creamy caper-laced fish pie and calls out for warm crusty bread for mopping up the sauce. This delicious fish pie is a great excuse to pack in the veg, so use whatever you have to hand If you prefer a more classic fish pie topping, simply boil your root veg and mash with a little butter. Saugeen Curry House & Fish 'N' Chips.