Veg. Chinese chop suey/ American chop suey. I had got some requests to share this recipe. Veg chop suey can be made both With Boiled noodles and Fried. Perfectly boiled and deep fried noodles served with chinese sauce.
Chop suey (/ˈtʃɒpˈsuːi/) is a dish in American Chinese cuisine and other forms of overseas Chinese cuisine, consisting of meat (often chicken, fish, beef, shrimp, or pork) and eggs, cooked quickly with vegetables such as bean sprouts, cabbage, and celery and bound in a starch-thickened sauce. Yesterday i tried both the dishes with a packet of whole wheat plain noodles. They came out very well and my hubby rated excellent for both. You can have Veg. Chinese chop suey/ American chop suey using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veg. Chinese chop suey/ American chop suey
- It's of For noodles.
- It's 4 1/2 cups of Noodles.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of For sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 5-6 of Garlic chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup each of cabbage, capsicum, carrot, baby corn.
- It's 1 cup of Onion -.
- Prepare -1 cup of Tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Soya sauce -.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Red chilli sauce -.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- It's 3 tsp of Corn flour-.
I have seen american chopsuey in restaurants but never tasted it. When my MIL came here she told about this which she had watched in a cookery show. The term Chop suey is always associated with much ambiguity, because of its origin and the ingredients that go into its recipe. Many people believe it to have originated in China, while others opine that this dish first came into existence in America as a result of the Chinese communities immigrating.
Veg. Chinese chop suey/ American chop suey instructions
- For gravy- take oil & sauté all the vegetables in it..add salt.
- Add ketchup, red chilli sauce, soya sauce and some water..Add corn flour & take it to a boil..gravy will thicken...
- For noodles - take some water in a vessel & take it to a boil, add 1 tsp oil & salt & add noodles...
- Drain extra water & add cool water & drain it..let it coll for 10 minutes.. take oil in kadhai and fry boiled noodles till it comes to golden brown.
- Ready to serve...
American vegetable chopsuey is a classic Indian Chinese adaptation of crispy noodles served along with a sweet and sour vegetable. Once the mixture becomes slightly thick pour it on top of fried noodles. Now American chop suey is ready to serve. American chop suey, with roots in New England, bears no resemblance to the chop suey found in Chinese restaurants. American chop suey contains tomatoes, ground beef, pasta, vegetables and cheese, mixed together in a large pot or pan and served in a bowl with additional shredded cheese on.