American Chop Suey. American Chop Suey is a classic, economical and delicious Italian American dish that is very popular dish in the New England region of the U. American Chop Suey is classic, New England comfort food (with a distinct Italian influence) and it has universal appeal for kids and grown-ups alike! In addition to being a dish regularly featured on school and office cafeteria menus (my husband Jack made it countless times during his food service days).
The green bell pepper is optional; use a yellow or any other bell pepper you might have on hand, or skip it altogether. While its name might confuse you, American chop suey is a delicious combination of macaroni, beef, tomatoes, and cheese that is a comfort food classic. It's a hearty meal that is sure to please family and friends alike. You can have American Chop Suey using 27 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of American Chop Suey
- It's 1 packet of Egg noodles.
- You need 500 gm of Boneless chicken.
- It's 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of White pepper.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Corn flour.
- Prepare of Oil for deep fry.
- You need of For gravy.
- It's 1 cup of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chilli garlic sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It's 1 tsp of Soya sauce.
- It's 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Corn flour.
- You need of Vegetables.
- You need 1 of carrot large.
- You need 1 of capsicum medium size.
- Prepare 1 of Cabbage small size.
- You need 1/2 cup of Spring onion.
- Prepare 2-3 of Green chilles.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It's pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
Best of all, it's relatively easy to make in a single pot on your stove top. American chopsuey recipe with step by step pics. One of the most popular fusion Chinese recipe that is made in India is veg American chopsuey. You can also use peanut oil or sunflower oil.
American Chop Suey step by step
- Fill the saucepan with water add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp oil..
- Bring it a boil add egg noodles..
- Boil for max 15 to 20 mins and darine..
- And rinse with cold water and keep aside.
- For chicken marination:.
- In a bowl add chicken cubes,salt,black pepper,white pepper,egg and corn flour and mix well..
- Heat oil and deep fry the chicken cubes till nice golden brown colour appears..
- Keep aside the chicken cubes..
- Now the vegetables process.
- Cut all the vegetables in juline style.
- In a pan heat oil add carrot,capsicum,cabbage and chilles and stir fry.
- Add salt and pepper and fry well.
- In last add spring onion.saute well and keep aside.
- Now the last step is for gravy.
- In a saucepan add chicken stock,salt,black pepper,ketchup,chilli garlic sauce,vinegar,soya sauce,chilli flakes mix well all of them.
- Bring the stock a boil and add corn flour.
- Cook well till gravy comes to thick..
- Now serving process.
- In a plate add egg noodles then fried chicken,saute vegetables and in last add hot gravy on top.
- Garnish with fried noodles and half fry egg.
This American chop suey—aka goulash—will surely bring back childhood memories. If you like a very meaty chop suey, use extra beef, or make it with ground turkey. American chop suey, with roots in New England, bears no resemblance to the chop suey found in Chinese restaurants. American chop suey contains tomatoes, ground beef, pasta, vegetables and cheese, mixed together in a large pot or pan and served in a bowl with additional shredded cheese on. This delicious dish known as "American chop" in diner-ese is similar to the all-American classic chili mac.