Peppermint Chiffon Cake with a Chocolate Ganache Glaze. Chocolate Pound Cake Recipewith Peppermint Ganache Glaze. This Chocolate Pound Cake recipe is the most decadent, moist and delicious chocolate cake EVER! When paired with a silky ganache glaze hinted with peppermint flavor, this will become your favorite recipe for the holiday season or all.
This chocolate ganache recipe is really easy and only requires two ingredients! Pour it over cakes or let it cool and frost your cupcakes with it! Remove lid and swirl the chocolate chips with a whisk starting in the center and working outward until smooth. You can cook Peppermint Chiffon Cake with a Chocolate Ganache Glaze using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peppermint Chiffon Cake with a Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- Prepare of PEPPERMINT CHIFFON CAKE.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 7 of large eggs.
- It's 1/2 cup of milk, I used 2%.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of pure peppermint extract.
- You need of red food coloring.
- You need of green food coloring.
- Prepare of CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- It's 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 2/3 cup of semi sweet chocolate, chopped or chips can be used.
- It's of GARNISH.
- It's of Holiday sprinkles.
- You need of whipped cream for serving.
It will turn into velvety ganache right before. If you're looking for a great new chocolate cake recipe to make, try this Peppermint Ganache Cake from Purdys Chocolatier. In separate bowl, whisk egg yolks until broken, then gently stir into chocolate mixture. Fit mixer with a whisk and whip egg whites together with the salt until they hold.
Peppermint Chiffon Cake with a Chocolate Ganache Glaze step by step
- Preheat the oven to 325. Have ready a 10 inch tube pan, ungreased.
- Seperate the eggs , whites in 1 large bowl. Yolks in another bowl. Have them be at room temperature.
- Whsk in a bowl the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until well blended.
- Add the yolks, canola oil, milk and peppermint extract and beat until smooth about 1 minute.
- With seperate clean and dry beaters beat egg whites and cream of tarter until firm peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into yolk/flour mixture un 3 additions until uniform in color.
- Seperate batter in 3 bowls. Add red food color to one bowl. Add green food color to another and keep the third plain.
- Place a layer of plan bateer in tube pan then aternating spoonfuls of red and green batter.
- Add remaining plain batter on top.
- Pull a dull butter knife through batter to make a swirl pattern.
- Bake cake 55 to 60 minutes just until done and it is golden and appears dry in top. Don't overcook or cake can become dry.
- Invert cake and cool before removing from pan.
- GLAZE CAKE.
- Heat cream just to a simmer, pour over the semi sweet chocolate. Let it sit 1 minute then stir until smooth. Let the glaze stand at room temperature until it becomes slightly thickened,nabput 15 to 20 minutes. It should be just porarable. Ladle over top of cake allowing it to drip down sides of cake. Garnish with the sprinkles while the glaze is wet, so they stick. Let chocolate set. Serve with whipped cream.
The best chocolate for chocolate ganache is a pure chocolate baking bar, such as Bakers or Ghirardelli brands. Chocolate Cake has to be an all-time favorite cake recipe and this Peppermint Chocolate Cake version is perfect for the holidays. Chocolate ganache is very easy to make with just two ingredients! It can be poured over a cake for a smooth and shiny glaze. Pour the glaze into the center of the cake.