Vegan Meatloaf - wip. This Vegan Meat Loaf from Delish.com is a crowd-pleasing meatless meal for everyone, even meat lovers. This vegan meatloaf is incredibly easy to make & is sure to please with it's deep & savoury flavour. Serve sliced & smothered in rich, thick gravy!
These five vegan meatloaf recipes are better than the original! This vegan meatloaf includes a simple glaze that whips up in just a few minutes. The base of this recipe is tempeh, which makes it. You can cook Vegan Meatloaf - wip using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Meatloaf - wip
- Prepare of Salt & crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of walnuts (minced).
- It's 1/4 cup of cashews (minced).
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of brown or red onion.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh flat-leaf parsley (chopped finely).
- It's 1 1/2 cups of mixed vegan meat (soy free).
- Prepare 2 cups of dried mushrooms (soaked, strained & chopped).
- It's 1 cup of fresh mushrooms (chopped finely).
- Prepare 1 cup of vegan cheese.
- It's of Sherry or red wine vinegar.
Combine all of the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper and press. The Best Vegetarian Meatloaf Recipes on Yummly Best Vegetarian Meatloaf, Southern Style Vegetarian Meatloaf, Vegetarian Meatloaf That Tastes Like Meatloaf!
Vegan Meatloaf - wip step by step
- Soak the dried mushrooms in room temp water for 30mins before you strain, dry & chop it up.
- Soak the chopped mushrooms in a touch of sherry or red wine vinegar and veggie stock and set aside..
- Prep a baking tray with butter and baking/parchment paper or line with foil.
- Lightly sauté your finely minced onion and garlic together and then set it aside for a few minutes to cool a little..
- Pop the vegan meat into a large bowl along with salt, pepper, saughtéed minced onion and garlic, soaked mushrooms and your chopped parsley..
- Using your hands (the absolute best kitchen tool you have!), carefully and gently mix the ingredients together just until they are blended and come together. Just remember not to over mix!.
- Now, skip the loaf pan, it's truly better without it! This way, the meatloaf isn't steamed but rather gets a delicious outer crust..
- Turn your mixture out onto your prepared tray and shape, by hand, into a loaf shape..
- You can decide how you want to cover the top; brush the outside with some tomato sauce, sprinkle with some additional dried herbs (ie basil, rosemary, oregano) and/or grated vegan cheese. I topped it with vegan bacon strips..
- Bake at 160°C (320°F) for about 55mins - 1 hour..
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for about 10-15mins, very loosely tented with foil before slicing and serving..
- Serve with a side of any veggies/salads you like. I served mine with lightly fried green beans, chilli jam & butter sauce..
Classic savory vegan meatloaf that anyone will love that uses beyond beef or impossible meat. Meatloaf was always a weekly meal at our house in our pre vegan days. This vegan "meat" loaf is a meatless version that you can enjoy on a vegan diet. It is high in protein Any leftover meatloaf can be frozen, either in slices or in one big piece. Wrap it in foil and then store.