Leftover Fish Pie. A kiwi classic, this fish pie uses tinned tuna, leftover potatoes and frozen veggies. It's baked in a shortcrust base and surround by a creamy sauce. A Fish Pie fit for a king!
Leftover fish pie can be reheated. You need to make sure any leftover fish pie is reheated as thoroughly as possible and is piping hot when serving. Delicious and easy - a fish pie anyone can make. You can cook Leftover Fish Pie using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leftover Fish Pie
- Prepare 2 packages of cod in parsley sauce.
- You need 1 slice of bacon or ham.
- It's 1 of egg medium boiled.
- You need 6 of new potatoes.
- It's 2 handfuls of frozen veg.
- You need 1 small of onion.
- It's 1 clove of garlic small.
- You need 15 grams of butter.
- You need 1 handful of croutons/breadcrumbs/cheese.
You'll learn how to poach fish and make a white sauce too. Perfectly made pie dough is too precious to waste, and scraps left over from decorating should be treated with respect. Make Pumpkin Spice Pie Fries Out of Leftover Dough. The Best Leftover Fish Recipes on Yummly
Leftover Fish Pie step by step
- This is the kind of meal I make when running low on everything.
- Slice potatoes about half cm and add to boiling water. I cook my egg in there too.
- Cook the fish as directed.
- In a large dish add the cooked fish veg onion and galic. stir. slice and add the egg and bacon.
- Once the potatoes are nearly cooked, drain and add butter. give them a toss so completely coated and won't stick.
- Layer the potatoes on top of the fish with a slight overlap then crumble croutons/bread crumbs/cheese on top. cook at 200°c until potatoes are fully cooked.
Slow-roasted Beef Tenderloin With Red Wine Mushroom Sauce, Reduced-fat Baked Cod, Oven-baked Swiss Steak. Keeping Fish and Leftover Fish Fresh. A skilled fishmonger is your first line of defense against buying too much fish — they can guide you toward the right quantity for your meal and divide your purchase. Enjoy this Indian twist on a classic favorite! Using leftovers from your Thanksgiving meal, get ready to make a delicious main dish that everyone will love!