Indonesian Vegetable Fritters (bakwan sayur). Bakwan Sayur - Vegetables Fritter Batter for bakwan/Indonesian fritters. My bakwan batter uses very simple ingredients: all-purpose flour, rice flour, salt, sugar, ground white/black pepper, grated garlic, egg, and ice cold water. Rice flour is the secret ingredient to get crispy fritters.
The typical ones are carrot, cabbage, and green onion. I add bean sprouts in the recipe since I like the crunch from it. In Indonesia, it is normally served with Thai chili pepper on the side. You can have Indonesian Vegetable Fritters (bakwan sayur) using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Vegetable Fritters (bakwan sayur)
- It's of Shredded cabbage (1/4 of whole cabbage).
- Prepare of Shredded carrots (3 carrot).
- It's of Chopped celery (2-3 stalks).
- You need of Chopped green onion (3 stalks green onion).
- It's 1 cup of flour.
- It's 1/4 of rice flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chicken powder (less or more).
- Prepare 1 tsp of peppers (less or more).
- It's 1 tsp of garlic powder (less or more).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar (less or more).
- It's of Salt for taste.
- Prepare of Water.
- It's of Oil for frying.
Great recipe for Indonesian Vegetable Fritters (bakwan sayur). #vegetablefritters #deepfryingfood One of the easiest and fastest appetizers or foods to make when a friend comes to visit is fried vegetables fritters. Today I made it in Indonesian style. In my country, these fried vegetables. Indonesian Bakwan Sayur is a delicious vegetable fritter that makes a lovely appetizer.
Indonesian Vegetable Fritters (bakwan sayur) step by step
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients..
- Add water and combine well. You might add the water little by little and stir well until incorporated..
- After mixing the mixture will look like this..
- Using iron cast or any deep fried pan, heat up the oil in a medium heat..
- Spoon the mixture and drop it into the oil. Don’t over crowded. You can dropped for 4-5 spoon batter in batch. I did mine for 4-5 batches..
- When it’s turning golden brown and flipped over. Fried the other side until golden brown too..
- Take off from the frying and lay them on a plate that already lined up with a paper towel. Then repeat the same way for the rest of the ingredients..
- Transfer to a serving plate. And serve hot with chili sauce or fresh Thai chili 🌶.
- Enjoy your easiest and fastest meals of the day with your family or friends. Even you can enjoy it by yourself. “Selamat Mencoba”.
They are crispy and light and best served warm right out of the fryer. They are sort of like a vegetable tempura and really any combination of vegetables can be used, even shrimp can be added. You will love them, quick, easy and delicious! Crispy vegetable fritters (Bala Bala) is one of the famous traditional Indonesian snacks that you can find easily almost all over Indonesia, from the street food vendors to fancy restaurants. It is also known as Bakwan sayur - sayur means vegetable in Indonesian.