Chicken Satay. These delicious Thai-style chicken satay are made of chicken marinated in a peanutty sauce, and then grilled. Why go out for Thai food when you can make it at home? These delicious Thai-style chicken satay are made of chicken marinated in a peanutty sauce, and then grilled.
Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool for at. Malaysian Chicken Satay is the Best! There are many versions of satay recipes from Asia, but let me assure you that the best satay in the world comes from Malaysia, my home country. You can cook Chicken Satay using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Satay
- It's 1/2 kg of boneless chicken.
- You need 1 of Satay sticks.
- You need of Chicken Marinate Sauce.
- It's 5 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It's 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare of Peanut Sauce.
- It's 500 grams of crushed fried peanut.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 5 clove of red onions.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It's 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Condiments.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- It's 2 clove of sliced red onion.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fried red onion.
- You need 1 of lime.
- You need 5 of cayenne pepper.
Called "Satay Ayam" in Malaysian language, any real foodies who have been to the entire Southeast Asia region will agree they are the best! When ready to cook the satays, stir chicken in its marinade and then thread each slice onto a skewer, working the skewer in and out of the meat, down the middle of the slice, so that it stays in place during grilling. To make the peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce and ginger in a small bowl. There's satay, and then there's real satay.
Chicken Satay step by step
- Cut the chicken into cubes around 1-2 cm cubes. Marinate them for about 2 hours inside the fridge..
- Cook the peanut sauce in a low heat until its thickened. Then blend everything until saucy-smooth..
- Stick the chicken cubes into the sticks and grill them until they are cooked..
- Serve them with the peanut sauce and add condiments at the side..
If you've never had the real stuff, then you'll fall in love with the succulent taste of this special Thai satay recipe. Strips of chicken or beef are marinated in a special Thai paste—unless you go with the vegetarian version —then skewered and grilled or broiled in the oven. Chicken 'satay' is a famous dish in Southeast Asia especially in Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. Even Thailand has its own version. Chicken satay or 'sate' as it is also known had become increasingly popular as it was brought to many countries by the migrants.